New Jersey Meadowlands ski dome to open summer of 2017? - Page 11

AlpineZone

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 143
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    Bennie (just kidding)
    No need to. I dont know how folks who live near the shore tolerate them, gotta' be frustrating.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    No need to. I dont know how folks who live near the shore tolerate them, gotta' be frustrating.
    The feeling is probably not too dissimilar from Vermonters dealing with folks from Jersey, NY and Mass telling them how to run their government and ski areas.

  3. #103

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Barto, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    The feeling is probably not too dissimilar from Vermonters dealing with folks from Jersey, NY and Mass telling them how to run their government and ski areas.
    LOL - good one...

  4. #104

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Barto, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    No need to. I dont know how folks who live near the shore tolerate them, gotta' be frustrating.
    35 years ago, it wasn't that bad. Worst part was the traffic. It took forever to get anywhere during the summer. I'll never forget the amount of people I use to see wearing penny loafers with socks and shorts walking out on the beach.

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    The feeling is probably not too dissimilar from Vermonters dealing with folks from Jersey, NY and Mass telling them how to run their government and ski areas.
    Yea, both groups think they are much more then they really are. Neither would be anything without those visitors.

    I played Bennie this past weekend and visited our friends down the shore. Wasn't too bad as the crowds seemed lighter probably due to the up coming holiday this coming weekend. Our Friends are getting ready to hunker down with the onslaught expected next weekend. They are in Tom's River and won't go anywhere except by boat.

    Alex

    Lake Hopatcong, NJ

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    The feeling is probably not too dissimilar from Vermonters dealing with folks from Jersey, NY and Mass telling them how to run their government and ski areas.
    Telling them? They're actually doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post

    I played Bennie this past weekend and visited our friends down the shore. Wasn't too bad as the crowds seemed lighter probably due to the up coming holiday this coming weekend.
    September's my favorite beach month. The water's still warm, and the crowds are gone.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  7. #107

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    September's my favorite beach month. The water's still warm, and the crowds are gone.
    Agreed. Probably won't go down again till after Labor Day.

    Alex

    Lake Hopatcong, NJ

  8. #108
    People swim at the Jersey shore? I only go for the skee ball. I have my sights set on a really big novelty comb. Just 67,000 more tickets to go!

  9. #109
    American Dream mega-mall officially announces a ‘late summer’ opening:

    https://www.nj.com/bergen/2019/03/am...r-opening.html


    "Late summer"....of this year?

    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by legalskier View Post
    American Dream mega-mall officially announces a ‘late summer’ opening:

    https://www.nj.com/bergen/2019/03/am...r-opening.html


    "Late summer"....of this year?
    Hah. I think this is now the third time already this year that the date for a "2019" opening has been pushed back. It went from April/May to June and now to late Summer. What are the odds it slips again?

    I drive by several times a week and I will say that a lot of progress has been made in the past 6-12 months.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:23 AM.