• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Jersey Meadowlands ski dome to open summer of 2017?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Seems like this place opened up recently. Idk how, guess they couldn't wait any longer? Apparently the rest of this "mall" will open in stages. Doesn't make sense to me, but not much about New Jersey does to me. Looks like it's about $35 for 2hrs. Think I spent about that much last time I went bowling... Anyone gonna check it out?

Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk

I'm going to try it in October I hope. 1hr 10m from my house. It's 10% for the "exercise" of using ski muscles before the season. 10% for the novelty. And 80% for the "damn it feels sooooooooo good to ski" feeling.

catskillman

Seems like this place opened up recently. Idk how, guess they couldn't wait any longer? Apparently the rest of this "mall" will open in stages. Doesn't make sense to me, but not much about New Jersey does to me. Looks like it's about $35 for 2hrs. Think I spent about that much last time I went bowling... Anyone gonna check it out?

It actually opened in December 2019 and closed in March 2020 due to Covid.

I have been. You can get in 12 good medium radies turns. It is cold - 28 degrees all the time. Snow is very good. Music playing, worth the $25 in my opinion. It was not crowded, and will be even less so now at 25% capicity. There is a terrain park, learning area also. And great hot chocolate, but pricey.

Park on 3rd floor if you can and avoid the esclator

twinplanx

It actually opened in December 2019 and closed in March 2020 due to Covid.

I have been. You can get in 12 good medium radies turns. It is cold - 28 degrees all the time. Snow is very good. Music playing, worth the $25 in my opinion. It was not crowded, and will be even less so now at 25% capicity. There is a terrain park, learning area also. And great hot chocolate, but pricey.

Park on 3rd floor if you can and avoid the esclator
Really, it opened in December? I must have missed it... Is there a charge to park?

twinplanx

Am I reading that right? You are THREE HOURS AND 45 MINUTES AWAY?? You are certainly more dedicated than I am. I'm still not sure if it's worth braving the Cross Bronx Expressway just for a few hours of Indoor Skiing...

twinplanx

cdskier

Am I reading that right? You are THREE HOURS AND 45 MINUTES AWAY?? You are certainly more dedicated than I am. I'm still not sure if it's worth braving the Cross Bronx Expressway just for a few hours of Indoor Skiing...

I'm 11 minutes away (per google maps) and still don't think it is worth it...but to each their own.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
A good chunk of this forum drivers 4-6+ hours to ski literal crap in the pursuit of "skiing every weekend November-April".

I'd rather drive 90 minutes for the indoor skiing in the fall vs 90 minutes for outdoor skiing when its 10 degrees the day after an inch of rain in the middle of Feburary.

NYDB

I would definitely check this place out if kids are interested.

A rainy day in the summer or fall?

100 miles away so not that bad just gotta time the traffic.

Domeskier

Indoor skiing is a blast when there's a bump line or two. It doesn't seem like management is interested seeding moguls, but a group of 5+ like-minded skiers should be able to get a good line going before the session ends.

BenedictGomez

Yes. I've seen bump lines on indoor ski fields

I may have to change my official answer if that's the case.

Every time I see a media hit on this it's a lame, flat, goofy looking straight run about as exciting as putting my rock skis on & going down the grass in my sloped backyard (and I probably have almost as much vertical).

Domeskier

I may have to change my official answer if that's the case.

Every time I see a media hit on this it's a lame, flat, goofy looking straight run about as exciting as putting my rock skis on & going down the grass in my sloped backyard (and I probably have almost as much vertical).

Not a great pic, but here is a line of bumps I skied at a mall in Korea:

4F274E9D-376B-4E34-B032-7513EAAE4F81.jpeg

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
I would enjoy the crap out of that. If the Jersey place sets up a bump line like that I'm all over it.

BenedictGomez

I would enjoy the crap out of that. If the Jersey place sets up a bump line like that I'm all over it.

Looks very low angle, but if there was something like an instructional Wednesday night 7-9pm moguls clinic I could see that being interesting.

jaytrem

Looks very low angle, but if there was something like an instructional Wednesday night 7-9pm moguls clinic I could see that being interesting.

They do have a small terrain park that could keep people interested. I've only been once, but was teaching my kids to snowboard, so didn't venture over. They do allow snowbikes if you want to try something new. Was thinking that maybe I should invest in one of those skateboard snowboard things. That could keep me entertained. I still have 5 tix left, so I will be back.

JimG.

Staff member

Not expecting much; I love low angle stuff too.

Would be fun to get flowy and fast in some nice bumps so that would work fine for me.