• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2016-17 Edition

Jully

It would appear that Boyne is not doing any of the 2 pack or 3 packs that they sold last summer?

chuckstah

Boyne did the 2 and 3 packs in June last summer so it certainly looks that way. That was one of few Boyne discounts

bdfreetuna

Tuna, is the ski show worth going to for deals?

Yeah I'd say so, and it's a good way to get stoked for the season too.

Bolton Valley usually offers 4 packs for about $100 and a stack of discount coupons you could grab dozens of if you wanted. Many resorts have coupons you can just grab off the table that are Ski Show only offers. Other ski areas will give you lists of all their cheap deal days (Vermont days, Subaru days, etc etc). Other places will give you really good prices on ski/stay packages if you book it at the show.

I usually walk out with a couple bags full of shwag, posters, stickers as well as coupons, cheap tickets, 2 for 1's and such, the Killington Express card which I renew at the show every year (I think you get a better deal at the show) and any stuff I might happen to win.

BEMI Ski Show is a no brainer for me, I basically plan my ski year around what deals I get there. Last year I got super cheap tickets for Canada Townships which led me to get up to Sutton for the first time. Admission to the show is like $10 and you get a $10 Liftopia credit as well as a subscription to some Ski magazine.

If you work the show right and have a bit of an open mind about where you'll go skiing you can do well there.

Last edited:

dlague

Last year Killington was doing scratch offs and one could win tickets to Pico and Killington and even some season passes.

Jcb890

Yeah I'd say so, and it's a good way to get stoked for the season too.

Bolton Valley usually offers 4 packs for about $100 and a stack of discount coupons you could grab dozens of if you wanted. Many resorts have coupons you can just grab off the table that are Ski Show only offers. Other ski areas will give you lists of all their cheap deal days (Vermont days, Subaru days, etc etc). Other places will give you really good prices on ski/stay packages if you book it at the show.

I usually walk out with a couple bags full of shwag, posters, stickers as well as coupons, cheap tickets, 2 for 1's and such, the Killington Express card which I renew at the show every year (I think you get a better deal at the show) and any stuff I might happen to win.

BEMI Ski Show is a no brainer for me, I basically plan my ski year around what deals I get there. Last year I got super cheap tickets for Canada Townships which led me to get up to Sutton for the first time. Admission to the show is like $10 and you get a $10 Liftopia credit as well as a subscription to some Ski magazine.

If you work the show right and have a bit of an open mind about where you'll go skiing you can do well there.

Where/when is this?

Timb2

Only $77 for a full day ADULT at Waterville valley get lift ticket by calling 1800 go valley or vist Waterville website Watervillevalley/skiingandriding.com

Jully

There's a couple weekends with nice deals in there, but I hate being stuck and forced to go to certain places on certain days regardless of weather or conditions.

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about this style of sale. I much preferred the 2 and 3 packs last year. The price of ~$60 a ticket was pretty close to the Saturday price here too.

dlague

For any of you that might consider heading out to Colorado for a trip the GEMS Card will be going on sale in early September.

GEMS CARD

$25.00

The 2016-17 Gems Card provides either two 2-for-1 lift tickets or two 30% off lift tickets at each of the Eight Colorado Gems Resorts. Use your Gems Card for either two BOGOs, two 30% discounts, or one of each deal at all eight Gems resorts.

2016-17 GEMS CARDS WILL GO ON SALE IN EARLY SEPTEMBER.

Sign Up now for the Gems Newsletter and be the first to know when sales open this Fall!

- See more at: http://www.coloradoski.com/shop/shop/gems-card/#sthash.kzSmbsj4.dpuf

ARAPAHOE BASIN
COOPER
ELDORA
LOVELAND
MONARCH
POWDERHORN
SKI GRANBY RANCH
SUNLIGHT

prsboogie

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about this style of sale. I much preferred the 2 and 3 packs last year. The price of ~$60 a ticket was pretty close to the Saturday price here too.

Just picked up 4 tickets for Feb 1 for $96 (two adult & two juniors). We are in Bartlett that week anyways so might as well make the trip over!! Worked out well last year.

Jully

Just picked up 4 tickets for Feb 1 for $96 (two adult & two juniors). We are in Bartlett that week anyways so might as well make the trip over!! Worked out well last year.

Fair point. If you have specific days then it works out great, especially that late in the winter. I've been looking at some Sundays, but can't decide if it's worth the risk.

xwhaler

For any of you that might consider heading out to Colorado for a trip the GEMS Card will be going on sale in early September.

GEMS CARD

$25.00

The 2016-17 Gems Card provides either two 2-for-1 lift tickets or two 30% off lift tickets at each of the Eight Colorado Gems Resorts. Use your Gems Card for either two BOGOs, two 30% discounts, or one of each deal at all eight Gems resorts.

2016-17 GEMS CARDS WILL GO ON SALE IN EARLY SEPTEMBER.

Sign Up now for the Gems Newsletter and be the first to know when sales open this Fall!

- See more at: http://www.coloradoski.com/shop/shop/gems-card/#sthash.kzSmbsj4.dpuf

ARAPAHOE BASIN
COOPER
ELDORA
LOVELAND
MONARCH
POWDERHORN
SKI GRANBY RANCH
SUNLIGHT

Any idea if a Utah version of this exists? It may make the most sense to get into one of these BOGO cards especially as we'll be there midweek vs locking into specific mtns.

prsboogie

From Attitash:

3 PACK ANYTIME LIFT TICKETS AT SUMMER PRICING!
Offer Ends September 9th, 2016

Summer's been fun but we live for the cold. The leaves will soon change, the kiddos are going back to school and our eyes will be glued to the thermometer as snowmaking season will soon be upon us. We'll say goodbye to summer with our "Back to Ski Sale."

ATTITASH & WILDCAT, NEW HAMPSHIRE

3 TICKETS FOR $149

3 days of skiing at two of the East's most scenic resorts located in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire, just 3 hours from Boston

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone