• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2016-17 Edition

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
chit man, thanks.

$29 All Access Lift Ticket Sale On Oct. 24
On Monday, October 24, Bolton Valley will hold a special online 24-hour lift ticket sale. During this time All Access Lift Tickets will be on sale for just $29. The tickets are valid for any non-peak day during the 2016-17 season.
24hourmarksmall.jpg
$29 Lift Ticket Sale

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I can only speculate as to why they are focusing on clubs.

There was a falling out between the resorts and the MWV clubs a number of years ago. The resorts essentially said, "we don't need your stinkin' business". Well, owners and mgt come and go. There is now a more enlightened view of things at certain areas. However, building that relationship back again has been a very slow process.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'd rather see AZ members get these deals as well
Well, if we can't make it exclusive, I'm willing to do my part. I am willing to share my lists with active AZ members individually. I take all the data listed here, combine it with a lot of other deals and create a near-real-time BIG DATA project on spreadsheet. Choose your resort, your days and it will point you to the deals. It includes cards, pre-purchases, last minute deals that show up on social media, etc. I cut it chronologically, by resort, by days of week, by blackout dates, by distributors, clubs. Even at the last minute I can usually find some sort of deal if I'm willing to tweak one of my variables.

I've actually become overwhelmed with my own data. The nice thing is that you can slice and dice it down to the things you really care about. It's just getting started right now, the summer deals are over, and the pre-show deals will be rocking 10 days ahead of time. then it gets quiet and the list settles down. Been doing this same drill for 10 years, but only a few people have ever seen it. I tend to decide last minute where I'm going, and it really guides me. Using last year's list also helps me decide what pre purchases to do.

Anyways, I'm happy to make this available to the regulars (let's say 20 or more posts of value in the last 12 months, extra credit for posting deals) once it gets into semi-accurate shape.

BTW, I'll put another pitch in for joining a club. I entered a drawing at the club last month and won two MRG tix. Paid for way more than my club dues.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Don't forget the MRG Mad card. 3 transferable tickets good any day (great holiday option) for $159. For sale until December 15th.

and....

Sugarbush has a quad pack for $229 + ugly VT 6% sales tax. It is only available until November 30th.

steamboat1

Don't forget the MRG Mad card. 3 transferable tickets good any day (great holiday option) for $159. For sale until December 15th.

and....

Sugarbush has a quad pack for $229 + ugly VT 6% sales tax. It is only available until November 30th.
When Sugarbush first came out with the original $199 quad pack a few years ago there was no tax added. That's one of the benefits of the Ski VT. passes & MAX Pass, the price they quote is the price you pay, no tax.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The CSC days this year blew me away. almost something for every day of the season. I combined that with others and I'm sitting at 250 special pricing days for club members, all of new england.

steamboat1

The CSC days this year blew me away. almost something for every day of the season. I combined that with others and I'm sitting at 250 special pricing days for club members, all of new england.
I hardly use them anymore, maybe a day or two at Stowe, that's it. Haven't bought a bulk ski club ticket in years. I ski for less money without them. The deal for belonging to a ski club for me is not lift ticket saving, it's the savings on lodging costs.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I hardly use them anymore, maybe a day or two at Stowe, that's it. Haven't bought a bulk ski club ticket in years. I ski for less money without them. The deal for belonging to a ski club for me is not lift ticket saving, it's the savings on lodging costs.
So what's your objective (serious)? and, what is your purchase strategy? I'm sure it's well thought out, I'm just curious how you skin it.

I'd say each objective has a different approach to using discounts. I tend to be last minute, I'm not much of a planner.

steamboat1

So what's your objective (serious)? and, what is your purchase strategy? I'm sure it's well thought out, I'm just curious how you skin it.

I'd say each objective has a different approach to using discounts. I tend to be last minute, I'm not much of a planner.
billski I do the season pass route for the most part plus purchase a VT. Pass. The season pass I usually get down to under $20 a day for skiing. I ski K or Pico which are the closest mountains to our ski club lodge . The VT. Pass is $40 some odd dollars a day as I'm sure you know & lets me ski around a bit. This year I became eligible for the MAX Pass add on which gives me 5 days each at Stratton & Okemo which are close to our ski club lodge also & saves me a little driving time going up or back from/to my house in Brooklyn. I hope to use the MAX Pass at a couple of other eligible resorts too. Even if I only use it five times at Stratton & Okemo it's $30 a day, if I use it at other places too even less. Throw in a ski club day or two at Stowe & $30 Thurs. at Mt. Ellen & I think I have all the skiing I can handle in a season. All these places (except if I travel to other MAX Pass resorts) are an easy drive from our ski club lodge where I stay inexpensively. That's my plan & I'm sticking to it.

fahz

Skiing Santas

Nice to see Bromley getting in on the skiing santa thing. A number of mountains have some variation of this Windham, Whiteface, Bromley & Sunday River. A cheap santa suit can be purchased at someplace like the Christmas Tree Shop and used year after year.

I see Bromley has a $25 deal on 12/25 for anyone wearing a Santa suit.
Anyone aware of any other Xmas day deals yet?
Trying to make winter break plans, and it's no deal if I gotta rent or buy three Santa suits.