• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2016-17 Edition

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ticket prices went up, but still a good deal
$22.50 plus $8.50 per tix fee.

Warren Miller's "Here There & Everywhere" pre-sale at Bushnell in Hartford. November 5th. $18.50 plus $4 per tix fee.

FREE SWAG AND OFFERS FOR TICKET HOLDERS
Ticket Holder will receive coupon at show

• FREE LIFT TICKET TO SUGARBUSH
  • FREE LIFT TICKET TO GORE MOUNTAIN
  • FREE LIFT TICKET TO SMUGGLERS’ NOTCH
  • 2-FOR-1 LIFT TICKET TO KILLINGTON RESORT
  • FREE FLEX PASS TO GUNSTOCK MOUNTAIN
  • FREE EARLY- OR LATE-SEASON LIFT TICKET TO STEAMBOAT
  • MORE RESORT & RETAIL OFFERS MAY BE ADDED
To purchase tickets to Warren Miller's Here, There & Everywhere before they go on sale to the public, use pre-sale password presale2016 starting Thursday, September 8 at 9 a.m. through Sunday, September 11 at 11:59 p.m.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Agreed. You do the work, you get the benefit. Too many people want something for nothing.
I'd rather see AZ members get these deals as well, however this site sees more traffic from lurkers on Google searches than it does from active members. Posting such specific information might actually work against you trying to help others.

I'm of the opinion that deals with limited availability should be discussed in private. That's the way it used to be with skiVT deals. I recall not long ago purchasing these tickets via snail mail a few days after the on sale date and still getting tickets.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Where did you find this (link)? Thanks!

Big news from the Mount Washington Valley.

Attitash / Wildcat is completely changing their discount ticket arrangements for this year. We've already discussed that they are no longer offering the Vertical Value card. In it's place comes a whole new offering of options targeted at ski club members. There are advance purchase vouchers, day in advance online sales, and walk up rates. All require your ski club ID to pick up the ticket at the window.

Purchase online up to a day in advance:
Saturday/Holiday: adult $60 (retail $79), Jr / Sr $45 (retail $59/$54)
Sunday - Friday: adult $45 (retail $75), Jr / Sr $40 (retail $54/$50)

Walk-up rate:
Saturday/Holiday: adult $70 (retail $79), Jr / Sr $50 (retail $59/$54)
Sunday - Friday: adult $55 (retail $75), Jr / Sr $45 (retail $54/$50)

Appreciation Days:
Thurs, Jan 5 - $35
Fri, Jan 6 - $35
Sat, Jan 7 - $45
Sun, Jan 8 - $35
Fri, Feb 10 - $35
Sat, Feb 11 - $45
Sun, Feb 12 - $35
Fri, Mar 17 - $17
Sat, Mar 18 - $45
Sun, Mar 19 - $35

There are also bulk ticket order options with price $50-$65 per adult, $40-$50 depending on the volume ordered.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

I see Bromley has a $25 deal on 12/25 for anyone wearing a Santa suit.
Anyone aware of any other Xmas day deals yet?
Trying to make winter break plans, and it's no deal if I gotta rent or buy three Santa suits.

bousquet19

dlague

I know The Ride and Ski Card was mentioned for $49 with a free lift ticket but it also includes (hint check the ski show)

Zimmermanns - Free ski or snowboard tune with your Ride & Ski Card … that's new!

and some of these are the best deals with the card - realize that m-f deals not unique but there are available but the 2 for 1 on Sundays is good at places like Jay Peak, Waterville, and Windham.

Crotched Mountain
2 for 1 lift ticket, Mon. to Fri., non-holiday or Free Child lift ticket with purchase of adult lift ticket Sun. - Fri.
Ragged Mountain
2-for-1 Mon-Fri non-holiday (SAVE $69)
Waterville
2-for-1 Sunday–Friday at the Ticket Window, non-holiday
Whaleback Mountain
2-for-1 on full day tickets 7 days a week
Shawnee Peak
2 for 1 lift tickets, Mon. through Fri., non-holiday.
Bolton Valley
$39.00 lift tickets any day including holidays
Jay Peak
2-1 Sunday–Friday non-holiday
Sugarbush
2-1 Monday-Friday*
Windham
2-for-1 Adult full-day lift tickets, Sunday to Friday, non-holiday

Last edited:

Jully

I know The Ride and Ski Card was mentioned for $49 with a free lift ticket but it also includes (hint check the ski show)

Zimmermanns - Free ski or snowboard tune with your Ride & Ski Card … that's new!

and some of these are the best deals with the card - realize that m-f deals not unique but there are available but the 2 for 1 on Sundays is good at places like Jay Peak, Waterville, and Windham.

Crotched Mountain
2 for 1 lift ticket, Mon. to Fri., non-holiday or Free Child lift ticket with purchase of adult lift ticket Sun. - Fri.
Ragged Mountain
2-for-1 Mon-Fri non-holiday (SAVE $69)
Waterville
2-for-1 Sunday–Friday at the Ticket Window, non-holiday
Whaleback Mountain
2-for-1 on full day tickets 7 days a week
Shawnee Peak
2 for 1 lift tickets, Mon. through Fri., non-holiday.
Bolton Valley
$39.00 lift tickets any day including holidays
Jay Peak
2-1 Sunday–Friday non-holiday
Sugarbush
2-1 Monday-Friday*
Windham
2-for-1 Adult full-day lift tickets, Sunday to Friday, non-holiday

Have they updated the 2016-17 deals yet? I'd been checking the website and those appesr to be last year's deals. Given though that they are likely to remain very similar.

dlague

Have they updated the 2016-17 deals yet? I'd been checking the website and those appesr to be last year's deals. Given though that they are likely to remain very similar.

It says at the top of each state list "Discounts shown are for 2016-17". They generally do not change too much. But Pico is no longer 2 for 1 for example.

Last edited:

Jully

If you cant, you're better off just paying the early season discounted rate and getting the "free" lift ticket than using Groupon.

Exactly. The $30 ticket to Berkshire East is a pretty good deal if you're going to be skiing out there anyways. If you value a membership to the mountain sports club at even like $10 the lift ticket looks pretty darn good.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

I am doing the $90 for three Shawnee (PA) tix mountain sports deal. A nice local mountain at the right level for my kids. I get better deals there with the Pocono Ski and Ride Card but they don't kick in til January and these work for the holidays.