The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 11

AlpineZone

Page 11 of 232 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    I'm 33.

That's impressive skiing 17+ days at Sugarbush coming up from NJ.

I might go for a pass if I literally lived within a few minutes of a really good mountain. But I'm able to ski at about $40/day with a lot of freedom (and deal hunting). I have a complimentary Cumberland Farms gas card as well so that takes away a lot of the sting of traveling further distances.

Magic definitely takes the cake when conditions are nice and I don't really feel like spending half the day driving.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    That's impressive skiing 17+ days at Sugarbush coming up from NJ.
    My goal is around 40 days. I only had 28 last year and just under 40 the 2 prior years.

Yes it is a long drive every weekend, but you quickly get used to it and it becomes quite routine (and oh so worth it once you get out on the mountain).

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    My goal is around 40 days. I only had 28 last year and just under 40 the 2 prior years.

Yes it is a long drive every weekend, but you quickly get used to it and it becomes quite routine (and oh so worth it once you get out on the mountain).
    I feel the same way about the drive & reward. Goal is usually around 40 days. I came up a couple days short myself last season (37). All in central/northern VT. driving from Brooklyn, NY except 1 day at Stratton in southern VT. I try to get up every other week for a few days between Dec.-Apr.

I'm not really big into skiing at any one place too many times in a season. Have never bought a pass for any mountain. I tend to look for the deals which allow me to ski all over especially in VT. I have about 25 days in an average season to ski.

The most attractive offers to me which would get me to ski a mountain more than it's usual share are good deals on 4-packs or other similar ticket bundles. Or if I see you at the Boston Ski Show and you have some kind of special going on along those lines.

For me I would probably only buy a season's pass if I knew it would come out to under $30 each day of skiing, as a maximum.

But part of the fun of skiing for me is going to all different places each season so I'm probably not the target audience for your *very good* season's pass deals.

Makes perfect sense! I used to do the same thing and go to as many different mountains I could before I really got into Magic. I only ask because I'm from Wilbraham and you're about 20-30 minutes closer.

But part of the fun of skiing for me is going to all different places each season so I'm probably not the target audience for your *very good* season's pass deals.
    Definitely! Could not agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Last edited by Los; Sep 11, 2016 at 2:48 PM.

Volunteer Days begin on Saturday at 9am with more coming on 10/8 and 10/22.

Thanks for the support!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

In. A few of us got a jump & went up Sunday. Bottom of Twilight looks nice & clean. No longer is there one way out. DW has some pics. I go this one. Good things to come. See you Saturday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice pic

Looks like the pot of gold is right about under the Swiss flag.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    In. A few of us got a jump & went up Sunday. Bottom of Twilight looks nice & clean. No longer is there one way out. DW has some pics. I go this one. Good things to come. See you Saturday.

Nice!
    Futures so bright I gotta wear shades

Thread Information