The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 131

AlpineZone

Page 131 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2711
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicaman View Post
    ski magic is certainly here to make a profit while maintaining our operating capital reserves for those literally “rainy day” seasons. But for magic to have a successful business model as a smaller player in this highly competitive and “no growth” industry, we are committed to a different experience from that the ski industry has been inexorably moving toward for decades. Since we are not a mega resort, why be like them and drive excessive volume/profits on already busy profitable days at the expense of an experience our customers will enjoy and then hopefully return again to see us on other days we are less busy?

Balance. We know the numbers where we can be profitable. We also know the customer experience we want. Magic will leave some short-term money on the table to have an experience that we believe will create long-term loyalty from customers for a unique community experience.

Guess we’ll see if it works! #bedifferent #thinkdifferent

sent from my iphone using alpinezone
    ftw.

[QUOTE=JamaicaMan;1003814]
    Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    Thanks for the response JamaicaMan.

It's all about finding the proper balance. Showing up at Magic Mtn on a beautiful day and really stoked to ski, it's a major bummer to be turned away. And being turned away doesn't really build brand loyalty, it just makes you avoid Magic on Saturday. So maybe the correct balance point is 2500 day passes or even 3000. Just saying.

OTOH, I do think it's very clever that season passholders are not subject to the daily limit, so a nice way to goose season pass sales.[/

Interestingly, that is NOT the case about people avoiding it if turned away. People now call ahead and make sure to show early once they learn we have it. Actually drives interest.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    I could see it. People want what they can't have and "OMG there were so many people at Magic I NEED to get in there tomorrow" is exactly what you want to hear.

Sent from my LG-H820 using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Last day reminder for pass discount.

IMG_8093.jpg well that is simpler than I thought it would be

Be a lot cheaper if we just had to draw a line too

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaMan View Post
    Be a lot cheaper if we just had to draw a line too

But think of all the fun you'll have pouring concrete on Black Magic, flying in towers, pulling cable! I mean you don't want to just play golf all summer do you JM?
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    But think of all the fun you'll have pouring concrete on Black Magic, flying in towers, pulling cable! I mean you don't want to just play golf all summer do you JM?
    Make the helicopter days an event, people will come watch, eat and drink...

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    Make the helicopter days an event, people will come watch, eat and drink...
    I would attend that, given advance notice.

Looking good guys! Also sets up the main lift up nicely to serve well in a very, very rosey distant future someday maybe, ya never know it could happen...
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Thread Information