The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 135

AlpineZone

Page 135 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2168
  1. #1341
    "With the desired upper terminus end point about 300' to looker's right (looking up the mountain) of the Red terminus area, the new line will bring the lift further away from the trees on looker's right as it works it way up the hill and gradually toward the middle of Black Line by the final cliff section and then over more toward looker's left side of Black Line as it passes the Witch intersection and up into the woods on looker's left of the famed Black Magic section."



    Any idea of how much added vertical is anticipated from the top of red? Im exited to see this in person to get a better idea of the "new" black line terrain

  2. #1342
    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    "With the desired upper terminus end point about 300' to looker's right (looking up the mountain) of the Red terminus area, the new line will bring the lift further away from the trees on looker's right as it works it way up the hill and gradually toward the middle of Black Line by the final cliff section and then over more toward looker's left side of Black Line as it passes the Witch intersection and up into the woods on looker's left of the famed Black Magic section."

    Any idea of how much added vertical is anticipated from the top of red? Im exited to see this in person to get a better idea of the "new" black line terrain
    Same vert as Red now.


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

  3. #1343
    moose, turn the phone 90 degrees then take the photo and upload.

  4. #1344
    I'm interested to see what the new terrain under the top of the Quad and skiers right of Black Magic looks like. My understanding is this will be a totally new line and would certainly offer a challenge.

    Down further it looks like the new lifeline might widen the very lower part Black Magic - down hill of the cross over from Witch??

    Can't wait to get up there in a couple of weeks.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  5. #1345
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,857
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    I'm interested to see what the new terrain under the top of the Quad and skiers right of Black Magic looks like. My understanding is this will be a totally new line and would certainly offer a challenge.

    Down further it looks like the new lifeline might widen the very lower part Black Magic - down hill of the cross over from Witch??

    Can't wait to get up there in a couple of weeks.
    With act250 there probably won't be anything done in a couple of weeks.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

  6. #1346
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    With act250 there probably won't be anything done in a couple of weeks.
    Agreed except the bare bones line has been cut and you can walk (or rather climb) down it.....
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  7. #1347
    Have they started taking the old Black lift down yet?

  8. #1348
    Quote Originally Posted by rtjcbrown View Post
    Have they started taking the old Black lift down yet?
    I believe not from what I have heard and from what I have seen in pics. From what I can tell regarding the line of the new Quad, the old lift does not need to come down so I would guess this will be less of a priority.
    Last edited by slatham; Jun 22, 2018 at 8:08 AM.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  9. #1349
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    I believe not from what I have heard and from what I have seen in pics. From what I can tell regarding the line of the new Quad, the old lift does not need to come down so I would guess this will be less of a priority.
    We will be using Black lift to ferry materials to hard to access spots for install of new lift so won’t tear it down until late summer when that project begins most likely


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

  10. #1350
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaMan View Post
    We will be using Black lift to ferry materials to hard to access spots for install of new lift so won’t tear it down until late summer when that project begins most likely


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Would this mean the lift line has to be wide enough for both the triple and quad at the top where I see its very narrow.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 14 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 14 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 PM.