• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

Killingtime

i got new outerwear this year, all black, and some pink accessories to go with my pink black crows. so it seemed a no brainer to buy this the other day. $30. they have a ton of colors and patterns. amazon. its very versatile, there are like 4 different ways to wear it. very easy up/down, no dealing with a mask tied behind my head or around my ears. i may double up on these, or i may keep a paper surgical mask on under everything on my chin to be lifted (under this pink thing) when in lift queues and riding lifts.

View attachment 42625.
Who did you order these from? I can't make out the logo from the pic. I usually get the fleece ones from Turtle Fur but these look like they may be better suited for this upcoming season.

zoomzoom

re: enforcement of vt covid exec orders.

vt has no plans to attempt enforcement of covid exec orders, and the vsp is counting on voluntary compliance. an honor system, if you will.

RustyGroomer

& Kusty. Been rockin' the BS for a while now. They are great. This year i picked the ugliest one they have so there's no confusion on who's whose. I now have 3. Latest..
1606766822024.png

KustyTheKlown

nice, see you and your crew up at magic on a Sunday soon if it ever f'ing snows

i was at magic that November dump 2 years ago. last year too (if not very very early December?). i just know i skied trees at magic in deep snow super early both 2018-2019 and 2019-2020. could check skitracks for dates, but lazy.

Saw this on the uphill policy, but not evident on the map. Anyone here able to describe it? Top to bottom all separated in the woods? Wide trail or just a way through the woods?

”Uphill traffic must use the designated uphill trail in the woods to the left of the Green Chair/Lower Magic Carpet run-out (looking up the mountain).”

RustyGroomer

NOT top to bottom all separate in the woods. Mostly sides of easy trails & connecter trails. Just stay lookers left from the base. Only time i usually go up is when Red isn't running,... early or late season though.

November 2 yrs ago. Bankmang vid. Myself & Tin out front.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
November 30, 2018. Red Line had the best coverage I had ever scene. Thick, heavy snow that put everything in play. Had my first day ever on a new pair of Fischer's 95 underfoot. Didn't have a scratch on them at the end of the day. I remember flying through Twilight Zone on my first run... made 4 turns before the legs started screaming for mercy. Very early in the season. It was so memorable I took a picture of the chalkboard in the base lodge with the report.

JoeB-Z

Any chance red opens if this storm over delivers?
Alpine update: If the storm over-delivers by end of the day, then there may be a chance to open the summit Red Lift for some carefully selected trails at the top for Friday or the weekend. Snowmaking will also move to the summit starting Thursday night as the storm exits to the sea.

Me: The snow is supposed to be very dry and there is no base. Sounds like rock skis are in order if they open Red.

slatham

Seems closer to 30” up top from what I heard. A bit wind affected and with zero base need to be careful of that. Per snow report Red spins tomorrow though no indication of terrain. I would guess most opens save PB, BM, Magician.

KustyTheKlown

if past years giant early storms on top of nothing is an indicator, they'll open just about everything except for magician/black line, and slide of hans.