The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 159

AlpineZone

Page 159 of 280 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2792
    We used to have Killington threads like this one back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Plan a trip to magic and it snows, your family trip just got 200 bucks more expensive, completely unplanned and you wouldn't know until what, two hours at best before they open?

Lots of other folks would be getting in a car that morning. I wouldn't be thrilled to show up and the price just jumped over 100%.

Magic isn't good enough to pull this indefinitely. Hence why they have closed how many times?
    I'm wondering how many restaurants you've been to that opposite the lobster dinner it says "Market Price".

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    It's more like:

Winter Weekends
    Christmas Week
    Presidents Week

How many days is that?
    I hear up to 1/3 of yearly revenue can come from Christmas, MLK, and President's Day traffic, assuming good weather. If Magic can sell out a Powder Day for $100,000+ ($74 x 1500 ticket cap) instead of $45,000 (same, but Throwback pricing) more power to 'em - if there's powder, it's worth it.

I think Magic is well worth some kind of pass product, I'm just debating whether I can make it north often enough to beat the average window rate. So far I haven't, but the other mountain pass benefits are tempting...

As for commentary from actual informed Magic folks, I hope the monkeys throwing ideas and insults around out here - of which I am one, especially about snowmaking - don't end up cutting off the flow of facts especially about operational decisions and constraints. I really enjoy following the continuing progress and seeing how things evolve.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IceEidolon View Post
    I hear up to 1/3 of yearly revenue can come from Christmas, MLK, and President's Day traffic
    My information says 1/3 of season revenue comes from Christmas week.

Say it with confidence like that and I'll believe you!

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Hes not the owner.

I am.

Idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, way to act like a real asshole. As a long time customer of and fan of your ski area, I still find the actions of you and your employees deplorable in this part of this thread.

I have worked in this industry for 25 years now, and I have yet to see a positive outcome from shitting on your customers, or potential customers. What's the point? You never look good when you are sarcastically putting someone down. At best you look like an asshole, and at worst, you lost a potential paying customer who is also going to talk shit about you to everyone he knows. Remember, word of mouth advertising works both ways.

Engage the positive folks, and ignore anything you perceive as negative. Otherwise, you risk alienating folks that would otherwise be happy, paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco DaSkia View Post
    Wow, way to act like a real asshole. As a long time customer of and fan of your ski area, I still find the actions of you and your employees deplorable in this part of this thread.

I have worked in this industry for 25 years now, and I have yet to see a positive outcome from shitting on your customers, or potential customers. What's the point? You never look good when you are sarcastically putting someone down. At best you look like an asshole, and at worst, you lost a potential paying customer who is also going to talk shit about you to everyone he knows. Remember, word of mouth advertising works both ways.

Engage the positive folks, and ignore anything you perceive as negative. Otherwise, you risk alienating folks that would otherwise be happy, paying customers.

Just a heads up Bosco that MMP does not own Magic thank god. Jamaicaman runs the show up there after decades of stuggle under previous ownership groups while Do Work is a major major major part of the team as well.

As to the complete meltdown around my comment that saying you are glad the saggy pants crowd stays away from your area has a racist undertone to it then you are likely lilly white and from the burbs because that is one of the most obvious racist things and always has been. But then again someone also said that because I pointed this out it is most likely that I am actually the racist... Rightttttttttt. God I love getting skiers panties all in a bunch. Also good work to the person who dug up one loan video from Ski The East. How about you go look at the Burton team and their clothing lineup this year...

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    Last edited by sull1102; Sep 18, 2018 at 9:51 PM.
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by IceEidolon View Post
    I hear up to 1/3 of yearly revenue can come from Christmas, MLK, and President's Day traffic, assuming good weather. If Magic can sell out a Powder Day for $100,000+ ($74 x 1500 ticket cap) instead of $45,000 (same, but Throwback pricing) more power to 'em - if there's powder, it's worth it.

I think Magic is well worth some kind of pass product, I'm just debating whether I can make it north often enough to beat the average window rate. So far I haven't, but the other mountain pass benefits are tempting...

As for commentary from actual informed Magic folks, I hope the monkeys throwing ideas and insults around out here - of which I am one, especially about snowmaking - don't end up cutting off the flow of facts especially about operational decisions and constraints. I really enjoy following the continuing progress and seeing how things evolve.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Just a heads up Bosco that MMP does not own Magic thank god.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    Personally, Id have fired you much sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco DaSkia View Post

So from a single blog post you take it as gospel that MMP is the owner of Magic? He's a great guy and one of the biggest fans of Magic, but he ain't running the show. You may be a long time customer, but you are not very informed, and you might want to become better informed before you make assumptions and throw people under the bus. Read the full thread, then tell me who speaks for the mountain. I doubt you'll find it is "deplorable".

And for the record, I have no official association with Magic.
    2019/20 = 23 Cut Short!
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Thread Information