• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

ne_skier

My source is going to forward me a copy of the email you sent out to parents as proof. If you'd like, I'd be happy to post it here but will require your approval to do so as it contains your personal email as well as your phone number in the signature.
Grown adults doxing other grown adults on an online ski forum...and I thought I've seen it all...seriously what are we doing here

hughconway

Grown adults doxing other grown adults on an online ski forum...and I thought I've seen it all...seriously what are we doing here
What are you talking about? I clearly stated I was not going to post someone's personal information without their permission.

ne_skier

What are you talking about? I clearly stated I was not going to post someone's personal information without their permission.
Allegedly retrieving someone's personal information such as emails, phone numbers, employment history, and names of relatives and threatening someone with it counts as doxing. Doxing is something that is done by angry 14-year-olds and people on Twitter, not rationally thinking adults. If you find yourself in the scenario where you have to resort to finding someone's personal information on the internet out of anger (or more embarrassingly, pretending like you did to look tough), you need to evaluate how you deal with disagreements on the internet.

Tin

It's possible that I am mistaken, but I really don't think so. Is the coaches name Tim P? Or is that you?

What a dumbass trying to stir stuff. I'm good friends with Tim, he is a stand-up guy that is all about skiing with his family and does start BS like this. However, it is easy to figure out who you are LOL

sull1102

Wow, well this has been fun catching up on the old Magic lmao some things just will never change. To bring it back to reality a little bit here(or just throw a malotov cocktail on this thread), has Pfister Mountain Services completed a job at Magic on time or without major issues stopping work for a significant amount of time.

slatham

Wow, well this has been fun catching up on the old Magic lmao some things just will never change. To bring it back to reality a little bit here(or just throw a malotov cocktail on this thread), has Pfister Mountain Services completed a job at Magic on time or without major issues stopping work for a significant amount of time.

NO!

And unfortunately there is still so much more to do.

ne_skier

Wouldn't be surprised. They said it would "certainly" take a week for them to get it up and running again. We definitely would've heard something (or will hear something) if there was a noteworthy development. The weekend after next is MLK however, and surely they'll be pushing to make sure they have summit access by then, especially if snow is forecasted (As of now, dry through MLK weekend).
Speaking of MLK, I wonder what their plans are for Tuck It if they can't get Black Line open. Without snowmaking and grooming, it certainly won't be skiable by then, although I'm not sure what their capabilities are with that run. Talisman maybe? You can get going pretty fast on that, then again making snow on Wizard could be the final nail in the coffin for potentially getting Black running this season, as I'm pretty sure it's part of the work road to get to Tower 13. Tough call, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

slatham

Tuck it, IIRC, in the past has started on the bottom part of Black Line, just below the ledge section. This corresponds to the crossover from HOM. There is a snowmaking line that goes up to that section (I think it’s a dead end from Hocus Pocus, not part of the upper Witch to Blackline snowmaking section). In any event they can make snow on the lower part of Black into Hocus Pocus and run it. I would guess that once Wand to Showoff is done that they start on lower Wand into Hocus Pocus and terrain park, and can probably put a few guns up on that section of BL.

IceEidolon

Why do you think Red needs more than some checks, the chair put back on, and a couple days of quality time with a motor controls guy - aka a couple weeks of work at the outside?