• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

Newpylong

Impressive show on Talisman. They done or you think Sorcerer is next? Witch to Black? Lower Magic Carpet or Lower Wizard?

Do Work

Really stoked to see so many happy faces this past weekend and read so many positive words. We were really excited to blow big on Tali but were even more excited to give everyone something fun to rip like that. With no real pow yet this year, Tali's whales really gave a fun & challenging option. Can't wait to fire up again!

slatham

If the forecasted 4

They got mostly frozen for a 5" serious base building net gainer. While it might have gotten a little wet today but it didn't rain much and will groom out perfectly. Put 4-6" (more?) on top and the whole mountain will be accessible.

rocks860

We'll be up there the first weekend in march. Haven't been in a couple years and can't wait to get back there again. My first day skiing magic was the most epic powder day I've ever had. February probably 4 or 5 years ago after a 2 foot storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorcerer

There snow report says is going to opperate as a double. I guess its a weight thing. If so then they should remove some chairs to cut the weight asap.

I'd rather see it operate as a double before I'd remove any more chairs (I think they already removed 7).

jrmagic

There snow report says is going to opperate as a double. I guess its a weight thing. If so then they should remove some chairs to cut the weight asap.
The lift was originally a double and then converted to a triple so now its a double with a wide bench. Why cut weight? The Tramway board would not have certified it if it was over capacity.

Sent from my SM-N920V using AlpineZone mobile app

Sorcerer

Why only load two people then? Sounds like the Jay tram.

2 people per chair is the weight load that passed the inspection. You could load 3 peole on fewer chairs and get the same result but I think loading 2 per chair is more efficient and (.arm rests and cup holders for the middle or no?)

JoeB-Z

2 people per chair is the weight load that passed the inspection. You could load 3 peole on fewer chairs and get the same result but I think loading 2 per chair is more efficient and (.arm rests and cup holders for the middle or no?)
on th elift
I was there today and conditions were off the charts. Great groomed, great natural and due to my pending shoulder surgery next week no further exploration.

Wow what timing on the lift. Last Monday they were full up in both lots I hear. They may need to plow out the C lot and get a bus!

Joe