The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 198

AlpineZone

Page 198 of 214 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2137

Quote Originally Posted by icecoast1 View Post
    What's Magic typically like during presidents week crowd wise? Obviously theres a lot of factors but are the crowds at least somewhat manageable? Trying to decide if its worth going for a couple days next week...
    crowds won't be an issue after monday.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    crowds won't be an issue after monday.
    Magic had lines but was entirely fun today. Worst line for me was about 10 minutes. They never hit the 1300 skier day ticket limit.

There was evidently just a bit of rain on Friday but I thought the surfaces were good.

Probably the end for the Black lift as there is no need to fix it after this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    weather.com says it's snowing at magic right now while it's raining in manchester. Do we believe this?
    Currently snowing nicely, with probably 2" down so far.

Also fwiw Manchester is kind of like Denver or SLC haha... You can never tell what's happening up in the mountains from down in town. It could be a whole different season over Bromley mountain.

Where on Wizard are those sweet whales in the pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Where on Wizard are those sweet whales in the pictures?
    On the two steeper pitches but I think they were groomed last night per the snow report.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB-Z View Post
    On the two steeper pitches but I think they were groomed last night per the snow report.
    Wizard was a TTB groomed, snowmaking base, packed pow cord surface piece of beauty today. Long time since it’s been like that. Full slate of great groomers today plus TZ, HOM and Scorcerer were great natural steeps.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Been a hot minute since snow has been made below Talisman on Wizard hasn't it? Wiz T2B is a pretty sick run.

Even better when you throw Slide in. Had so much fun skiing that route the other day.

Im thinking of heading up next Saturday, anyone been out recently? Hows it skiing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rocks860 View Post
    I’m thinking of heading up next Saturday, anyone been out recently? How’s it skiing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I spent the morning there today....The place is skiing great! Low angle trees of the Green Chair were super fun (White Kitten and Disappearing Act, I think) . snow was soft in the woods there. Sorcerer, Talisman, and Heart of Magician all fun...some small bumps, some icy patches, but also TONS of loose piles of snow to make turns on. What else...Vertigo was super fun....all the East side groomers are in great shape, wizard top to bottom. After 4-6 inches tonight and nice cold temps all week, next Saturday should be great for you.

Thread Information