The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 206

AlpineZone

Page 206 of 214 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2137
    Absolutely agree. Very few people today and the skiing in the afternoon was not bad at all once visibility improved.

The plan is to make the Black Chair the main workhorse next season, correct? And Red will only be run as a backup?

I skied Magic today, it was very quiet. I thought more folks would be skiing. The weather eventually cooperated and Tali was in great shape! Depending on the level of melting this week, next wek may proove to be challenging, a few trails will not make it another week. There was plenty of good skiing today once you could see a line to ski. Today was my last visit for the season for me. I will be back! I waved a goodbye to the Black Chair even though she didnt turn this year the future is looking bright for her replacement. I am looking forward to watching the growth in the off season.
    Ski it like you stole it!

The NEW Magic Mountain

Closed out my magic season last weekend with my third day there this year. Had a blast really getting to explore the place, including skiing a lot of terrain I dont normally get to see or ski. As a passholder across the valley, I am super stoked at the huge investments in time, capital, and passion from the new ownership and magic faithful. Its a gem and is absolutely needed for southern vt.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I thought the plan was to replace the Black with the Quad they purchased from Stratton?

Quote Originally Posted by pauldotcom View Post
    I thought the plan was to replace the Black with the Quad they purchased from Stratton?
    You can primarily thank the slow, arduous VT Act 250 permitting process for that quad spending this season out in the parking lot at Magic rather than hauling people up the hill....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    The plan is to make the Black Chair the main workhorse next season, correct? And Red will only be run as a backup?
    Just the opposite from what I understand. Red will remain the workhorse and the quad will be used as the backup.
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Why is that? Is it because you can run a double slightly faster than a quad?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    Just the opposite from what I understand. Red will remain the workhorse and the quad will be used as the backup.
    Quoting from the press release at https://unofficialnetworks.com/2018/...agic-mountain/

“Magic will operate the new quad as the primary summit lift every weekend and holiday period, with the famed Red Chair continuing as an additional lift on busy weekends plus pulling main duty on lighter traffic weekdays.”

Kind of a bummer from a nostalgia perspective.

The NEW Magic Mountain

Once the new Quad goes in were going to tear the Red Chair down. Dont need that lift. And the towers get in the way of skiers on Red Line

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information