• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

skiur

The only reason Hugh Conway spews his vile shit across this thread at any given opportunity is to get a reaction out of the people who actually care about the mountain. He knows that the things he says make no sense and are entirely unprovable, so there’s no point explaining anything to him. Don’t feed the troll.

How's that? Magic has definitely dropped the ball wether it's their fault or not. Hugh definitely has it in for current management but to say everything he says is untrue is just untrue.

Newpylong

Agreed, some is true, but wrong way to vent frustration. If it's really frustration and not just trolling.

Knowing Geoff what little I do, his door is likely open for any actual customer to have a little sit down and have that discussion.

Dickc

Magic Facebook page shows pictures of work on tower 13. Says some welding to tower needed, then hoisting up of the sheaves.

slatham

MAgic has the tower ready for Pfister to come next week.
Yes but let’s hope they show! Great pics on FB showing what was needed on 13, with Matt getting it done. What you can’t appreciate (unless you know the hill) is how tough it is to get machinery and parts to that tower. It’s a steep and gnarly section of mountain.

Magic is certainly benefiting from the nice and warm pattern we have right now.

AdironRider

I believe based on their latest post on TGR they lost their mtn ops manager, so that can't be helpful.

slatham

Yes Matt is no longer Dir of Mountain ops. I am not 100% sure of his status, but he continues to work on welding projects as evidenced by the social media posts of him on tower 13.

They hired Paul Maitland from Stratton to run “Mountian operations”- not sure of exact title, and not sure if this is a direct replacement or coincidence or what. They also hired a senior lift mechanic who comes from Powderhorn.

I am sorry to see Matt go, but hopefully he continues his involvement as he has great insight/history of the Mountian and tons of talent. He’s also done so much for Magic over the years.

On the flip side I should be able to ski with him more.

Last edited:

IceEidolon

Quote from Magic's Facebook page

"Tower 13 is complete and now Pfister’s crew is working to align the tower sheaves so haul rope runs smoothly—currently working towers 6/7—and we can begin to run the lift again so other line work can begin. Lots to do getting off tower 13 was a big one."

Newpylong

Hopefully only have to align the few they made changes to, the balance should have been aligned before they hung the chairs.

IceEidolon

Sounds like there's progress on the pond.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221111-125259~2.png
    Screenshot_20221111-125259~2.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 24