The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 214

AlpineZone

Page 214 of 225 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2242
    Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    I don't see any references to Pitch Black trail name prior to my 7/1/19 post. Everyone else (the 18 people who read alpinezone) just copied off my brilliant idea.

Yes you are king shit of turd island and win a cuppie doll.

2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

I dont like the name because it doesnt have to do with Magic.

#SomebodyHadToSayIt
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

There are several East Side trails with even less reference. Sometimes you run out of suitable strictly themed names and need to branch out, slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Do Work View Post
    Big slabs of snow that sit for weeks on random trails are essentially monuments to wasted money, so learning the ways the mountain needs and holds snow is pretty important to making smart decisions in succession and not every trail needs or should have X amount.
    This is something I have always wondered about. If I was in charge it would keep me up at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    There are several East Side trails with even less reference. Sometimes you run out of suitable strictly themed names and need to branch out, slightly.
    Just like at Windham how every trail name begins with the letter "W"...they ran out of idea looong ago...
    2019-2020 2 days and counting...
    Killington: 11/15 Mount Snow: 11/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Good turnout for VD#1 given an off weekend (not summer, not foliage season) and rain forecasted (very little/non factor). Probably a dozen guys/gals plus 6 or so kids were up on the Mountain. Rangers shuttled people up to top of Red and we spent 5 hours heading down the east side. First shot is a new glade that ops team had already chain sawed.

We also cleared a small line to skiers left of the larger area they had chain sawed. The exit is a little tight....

We then headed down to another new glade where they had chain sawed the bigger stuff. Small entry widens out with another quick hitter. Cliff bands skiers right (to left on pic). Definite huck potential once snow has filled in. This one is easy to find as long as you take a green “through the woods” hint hint.....

We then hit Wishbone to clear out fallen trees etc. and widen it in a few spots. Same for White Kitten. Below that we went into another unnamed glade that I hadn’t skied in a few years and was amazed at how cleared out in had become. We furthered that cause and it’s tops on my list for this season.

Finished up in Disappearing Act and cleared out some fallen trees.

We then enjoyed some free beer and burgers (pic from Magic)....

Some action on the Quad as they were working on the two base terminal supports. Looks like those will go in soon. Also looks like all the towers are painted in the lot. Still some cement work needed on a few of the tower bases in steeper area. Fingers crossed they can get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Glade creation (a.k.a. doing God's work).
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Magic Throwback cards (which allow you to purchase lift tickets for $29) are now on sale. First 100 are only $99. Took me a couple attempts as the server is overloaded this morning.
    https://magicmtn.com/product/throwback-card/

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Magic Throwback cards (which allow you to purchase lift tickets for $29) are now on sale. First 100 are only $99. Took me a couple attempts as the server is overloaded this morning.
    https://magicmtn.com/product/throwback-card/
    Magic updated on FB that due to the server overload, they are going over the 100 at that price and will offer Throwback cards at $99 ALL DAY TODAY, not limiting the #!!!

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

That's great!

Thread Information