The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 232

AlpineZone

Page 232 of 246 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2452
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyGrove View Post
    My friends in Londonderry pay their year round mortgage with winter weekend AirBnB rentals.
    But therein lies the problem.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    But therein lies the problem.
    Unless they're retired and ski midweek.

Was reading this arcticle, and this thread came to mind. Don't mean to pollute the awesome Magic thread, but thought some of you may read it. Especially the comments down at the bottom....

VT Digger

Quote Originally Posted by hughconway View Post
    Does anyone know if the bottom bullwheel and drive housing got installed for the quad last week as 'scheduled'?
    Hugh, it did not due to the snowstorm....In one of the alpine reports or possibly an email to pass holders, I cant remember.... Magic had some delays getting the communication line for that lift shipped from overseas-through customs etc and it got hung up at the USA port. So between weather and com. line.....I believe a new schedule for lift completion is being put together. I spoke with Geoff briefly on Saturday, they want that lift done ASAP.

You can also do what I do.....look at the live facebook feed on youtube.....skimagicvt LIVE STREAM ...... I see the snow flying in the learn to ski area!
    Ski it like you stole it!

Today’s snow report is pretty brutal, on Saturday only 2 trails will be open, Green Chair -> Wand -> ShowOff

Quote Originally Posted by MG Skier View Post
    Hugh, it did not due to the snowstorm....In one of the alpine reports or possibly an email to pass holders, I cant remember.... Magic had some delays getting the communication line for that lift shipped from overseas-through customs etc and it got hung up at the USA port. So between weather and com. line.....I believe a new schedule for lift completion is being put together. I spoke with Geoff briefly on Saturday, they want that lift done ASAP.

You can also do what I do.....look at the live facebook feed on youtube.....skimagicvt LIVE STREAM ...... I see the snow flying in the learn to ski area!
    Thank you for the information and the tip on the live cam!

Twas a good couple of days at Magic after the new years storm. First the east side blues and greens and then some snow later in the day on the 1st led to some westside exploring.

The Boss himself was out shoveling some snow bridges on the chute and lower wiz yesterday. Twas a fun day to close out xmas vaca.

Always amazed at how much can get open with 8" of snow on bare ground. The initial sleet/ice layer helped a bunch. Very supportive snow.

Was out hiking on the 28th and it looked like this

azpic (2).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NY DirtBag; Jan 3, 2020 at 10:24 AM.

A very dense 8" with the proper order of operation - freezing rain to bond with ground, then sleet to provide an inch or so of "snowmaking-like" base, then wet snow and sleet mixed, then snow. Average water to "snow" ratio probably 1 to 4. Normal 1 to 10-12. Blower 1 to 15-20. The 2-4" this Saturday/Sunday will help and then mid week needs to be watched. Do Work should also be back in snowmaking business too starting Sunday sundown. Lets go winter!
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Predictions for Sunday? Considering Magic vs Black (freedom pass). Looks like Black will get more snow but they hardly have anything open.

unless sat>sun produces real heavy, i don't know if magic is prime yet. the magic locals crowd on here would know better. my plan is K sunday to ski powder.

Thread Information