• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

ThatGuy

These last couple weeks and the weekend ahead will tremendously help monetarily.

ne_skier

Per Snow Report:
“3/14 2:30pm: Brownie has been up to top in the silver cat and reports the snow is medium consistency–not overly wet/heavy–and not too wind blown at this point. 26-27 inches! Deeeeeeep.”
Welcome news for sure. Agreed that eventually runouts and lower angle stuff should be groomed to preserve snowpack and on certain runs it’s just more enjoyable. Something for everyone this weekend.

RustyGroomer

Dense but not super wet. Should ski great.

Attachments

• 9BCBB680-12F2-4B66-A471-48FF5F74C6C7.jpeg
    9BCBB680-12F2-4B66-A471-48FF5F74C6C7.jpeg
    760.2 KB · Views: 7

raisingarizona

Vibe fixes everything. Man, if I were there right now I'd be so psyched to be standing in that line. Just knowing that I was part of a group of people who were cool enough not to go Stratton or Snow this weekend, I wouldn't even care of I only made 2 runs all day. In fact I'd be wishing they had sold even more tickets so that I be standing even longer in that line and sharing that liftline vibe with even more people😉🙃
I sent vibes, thoughts and prayers to those that had to stand in 30 minute lift lines. Did any of you folks pick up that on the receiving end? Excellent then.

raisingarizona

Nope, that's just coincidence. My screen name is a variation on a song title.

In all seriousness I am genuinely looking forward to skiing Magic again when Black is running and presumably there's an expedient singles line. Snow getting tracked faster will be a bummer FS but I can guarantee I won't be complaining about it. I'm generally averse to crowds (not just in skiing) and immensely averse to standing in lines so I'll happily take that trade off. The terrain remains interesting.
If you are getting more laps in because the lines are short what does it matter if the powder gets skied off quicker. You would be part of that and then get to ski chop and pp moguls on all of your bonus laps.

chuckstah

I went to make Indy reservations a while ago, sold out for tomorrow. It's going to be crowded. Where to go.... decisions.

ne_skier

This may just be too much snow. Let’s pray they groom those run outs.
If I were them, for the weekend I'd groom out the usual spring skiing terrain (Magic Carpet, Trick, Wand, Showoff, Wizard, Tali, Carumba-Lower Red, Medium) as well as Kinderspiel, Up Your Sleeve, the Mystery runout from Thorner's Corner and maaaaybe the skier's left half of Vertigo. One notable exception would be Broomstick - that run turns into an ice chute late in the day when groomed. But that's just my "I don't work here" opinion lol, for whatever it's worth.

ne_skier

I’d assume so, granted it’s not restored like 20 minutes before 4. Would I be correct in assuming Red’s diesel drive is purely evac and not a full backup?

skithetrees

I’d assume so, granted it’s not restored like 20 minutes before 4. Would I be correct in assuming Red’s diesel drive is purely evac and not a full backup?
I believe they need to have a backup to operate the lift in normal operation. Without mainline power, I don’t think they can run the lift for other than evac purposes.

JoeB-Z

GMP truck should be onsite by now. Hopefully the repair time is minimal.

NYDB

damn Magic loses power now every big storm it seems. I dont think Stratton or bromley have lost it this storm or the big Dec storm when Magic did. is gmp's infrastructure shoddy over in londonderry?