The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 259

AlpineZone

Page 259 of 280 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 2791
    thats cute, did you help plan the lift for your 9th grade business class project?

any CHILD who skis as much as you do and still feels the need to COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING, is quite obviously spoiled.

magic owes you nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Plenty of other mom and pop shops buy used lifts and get them installed correctly and on time.
    The guy installing the lift doesn't typically kick the bucket mid-install though.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    We were promised rides on a black chair and a red chair. All we get is rides on a red chair. I don't sit out all day at the railroad crossing just to see some everyday workhorse chug through off-schedule, and I sure as heck don't subject myself to the hazards and risks of alpine skiing to ride only half the colored chairs I bargained for.
    Fail to see why some others here are questioning your wisdom as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidebrook87 View Post
    I am not spoiled
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Magic [3/1, 3/8]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

I think they would have been more roasting if there was a need for the lift this year other than 2 days (that I heard/saw). So I think they lucked out a little in that respect. (I'm sure they would have much rather had the snow) There could have been 10 more days with a good snow year
    Last edited by NY DirtBag; Mar 4, 2020 at 2:57 PM.

I'm quite certain some of the people complaining have 0 experience with actually working on any large scale projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidebrook87 View Post
    Why wasnít an apology email sent out to their pass holders or at least a note.
    Because we would have told them how ridiculous an apology is & give them the tremendous gratitude they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I'm quite certain some of the people complaining have 0 experience with actually working on any large scale projects.
    Iíve stated multiple times that there were in fact issues that came up around the timeline. The issue was that Magic both guaranteed that it would operate this season and for a good portion of the season completely stopped progress and left it as a mystery to the public. Any good ownership would explain what had happened and try to make good from it. Itís as simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ ok you win the argument
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Magic [3/1, 3/8]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    The guy installing the lift doesn't typically kick the bucket mid-install though.

They could have paid for the real pros, but didn't. While unfortunately the contractor died, there are challenges with any major construction project and they left themselves with no alternative. That was the mistake, not just luck like a lot are arguing.

Now they are going to carry the costs associated with this already used lift, for the better part of two years before a single person rides the thing. Letting a nickel hold up a dollar is bad business no matter who you are. Hopefully they didn't finance the thing because that will have effects elsewhere.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    thats cute, did you help plan the lift for your 9th grade business class project?

any CHILD who skis as much as you do and still feels the need to COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING, is quite obviously spoiled.

magic owes you nothing.
    I love how you think itís a good idea to resort to shaming a person just because of how old they are. How rude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    It's almost like they're not on the same spectrum.

Thread Information