• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

RH29

Snow report claims that lift will be completed this month. Who wants to be the first one to ride it? Not going to be me.

ne_skier

Ehh, if the lift miraculously does get inspected this month and passes, I won’t have too many worries. Suicide Six, Jay Peak, possibly Stratton, and of course Magic themselves have had to make lift replacements or modifications due to problems found in state testing in the past 10 years. I’ll be fully satisfied once I see the lift spinning

letitsnow1

I'm more worried about getting stuck on red. I was stuck on it on Sunday for at least 10 minutes. It stopped almost every ride. Hopefully they fixed the issue.

ne_skier

Maybe someone ate shit on the unload ramp so bad they hit the stop stick? Can’t say I haven’t seen it before lol

drjeff

I wonder also if to the OP that maybe a much shorter lift stoppage time seemed like an eternity in the rain on Saturday, as at times in So VT on Saturday it was raining at a serious clip...

Saturday was if not the wettest day I have ever skied in 45 seasons, definitely in the top 3 of my ski career, and radar wise, most of the bands I was skiing in at Mount Snow were also hitting Magic

JoeB-Z

The top of Showoff was sort of jammed up with less than great skiers. The large groups of kids with some sort of coaches did not help.

ne_skier

The former should be mostly resolved once LMC opens off the Green Chair, it’s mellower than Showoff and much more out of the way for first-timers. It’s marked as open for Thursday, although I don’t know if that is on natural snow or if they already blew snow there

slatham

They are making snow on LMC, and have focused on base area and learning area on 300 line. A local reports fans going on Hocus Pocus but cam down so can’t confirm. But a reliable source. Hopefully a lot - at least on East side - can open tomorrow on natural.

ne_skier

Snowmaking question - do Up Your Sleeve and/or Kinderspiel have functioning lines for snowmaking? Seems like both would benefit from a good base allowing for consistent wall-to-wall grooming, yet I don’t recall ever hearing of guns blowing on those runs.

slatham

Snowmaking question - do Up Your Sleeve and/or Kinderspiel have functioning lines for snowmaking? Seems like both would benefit from a good base allowing for consistent wall-to-wall grooming, yet I don’t recall ever hearing of guns blowing on those runs.
No, never did.

(Well, there was an old spur line coming off of Medium into upper UYS but if it ever worked it hasn’t since pre-closure. And it’s just a spur, not piping going down the trail)

On one of the act 250 apps that current owners submitted they did include new piping on Kinderspiel.

letitsnow1

Neither have snow making. They had planned to put snow making on kinderspell before they bought black quad

ne_skier

On one of the act 250 apps that current owners submitted they did include new piping on Kinderspiel.
Would love to see this. I remember during the Covid winter that trail was loaded with snow after the back-to-back MLK storms and when groomed out it skied great. Best cruiser off the Green Chair at that time if you ask me. An appeal of having UYS open and in good shape could be taking some traffic off Wand too.