The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 274

AlpineZone

Page 274 of 275 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275 LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 2742
    Quote Originally Posted by Do Work View Post
    I'm lobbying for some kind of "Golden Valley" deal. I feel like Magic/Stratton/Bromley collectively sharing the same valley has been under-marketed forever. Together we offer more than just about any one spot and I'd love to see that pushed more for the incredible opportunity for a second home base it really is. Together we could offer a shocking range of offerings, all within a 10 minute radius.

*sigh*

Maybe someday!
    That would be sweet! Obviously works for me. It's so unique to have 3 very different mountains so close. The challenge is that they also have such diverse ownership structures and alliances. Not sure if Alterra/Ikon arrangement allows Stratton to be creative, and thus far Bromley has stayed within the "Fairbanks 3", with limited cross benefits even there (I find it hard to believe this can be sustainable). And of course Magic is Freedom/Indy, though I hear next year is Indy only? But a Golden Triangle Pass works for me.

Hope you, Ashley, the kids, and the Magic crew are well.
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

I'm lobbying for some kind of "Golden Valley" deal. I feel like Magic/Stratton/Bromley collectively sharing the same valley has been under-marketed forever. Together we offer more than just about any one spot and I'd love to see that pushed more for the incredible opportunity for a second home base it really is. Together we could offer a shocking range of offerings, all within a 10 minute radius.

*sigh*

Maybe someday!
    I know a certain valley that would argue that point....

"The Golden Triangle Pass" - Shower Yourself in savings! - This thing markets itself

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    By discounted I mean less than face value, normal definition, nothing tricky......

My suggestion is: you present your unused 19/20 prepaid ticket and you buy a day ticket during the 20/21 season for less than the walk up rate. Perhaps 1/2 price if bought during off peak times, smaller discount if at peak/holiday time. This way you get some value for your otherwise worthless 19/20 ticket, but the mountain gets a bit of revenue.

Or do view anything as less than full usage next year (or next March) not customer friendly?
    According to facebook, they are offering people with unused 4 packs the chance to use them next year from 3/15 through close. Seems like a more than fair compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by skithetrees View Post
    According to facebook, they are offering people with unused 4 packs the chance to use them next year from 3/15 through close. Seems like a more than fair compromise.
    Yes saw that too. I think it's more than fair. Magic's been more than fair - actually setting the bar - across the board with this situation.
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

So can five people get going on the lift again? I'm sure there is so much normal maintenance to get accomplished. I can't imagine sorting this out. Go Jamaicaman, Go Dowork.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB-Z View Post
    So can five people get going on the lift again? I'm sure there is so much normal maintenance to get accomplished. I can't imagine sorting this out. Go Jamaicaman, Go Dowork.
    Working with VT Tramway Board to get out-of-state lift contractors approved by govt to work in VT (In this case our lift contractor is based in NH)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB-Z View Post

Our crews are all over our normal maintenance, required testing and advancements for next season and doing great. With our small and highly trained workforce, safe working conditions are easily maintained and the guys have been slaying their work. We have put an astronomical amount of effort into putting our minds together for ideas that will go a long way to bolster our ability to deal with contingencies- changes in how we will have to serve our customers in our existing models and also to diversify our offerings in ways that take into account our new reality and the challenges/opportunities it brings. Anybody who's seen our pass offerings this year should know we are doing everything our extremely creative staff can come up with to salve the wounds COVID is creating.

Believe me when I say nobody here is taking any of this lightly. If anything, we are ramping up our responses and being as proactive as we can in this scenario. We know things will change, and we are doing everything we can to change with it- and even ahead of it where we can. We're proponents of a "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" school of thought, and we will be as ready as possible once the snow flies!

We're proponents of a "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" school of thought, and we will be as ready as possible once the snow flies!
    Appreciate the positive attitude that you guys are expressing!

If it was my ski area, I would have a bunch of porta johns ready to go, and some yurts and/or tents. These are the ultimate tools for maintaining social distance, crowded lodges are the enemy.

Totally, and about 8 pages of other projects, details, changes and guidelines that will definitely improve our adaptability. The fact that we are an operationally smaller mountain can present challenges of course, but it's also a huge tactical advantage in times like these. We're also the only mountain around that has any experience with how to successfully limit ticket sales, and that will no doubt play to our hand in developing a system to manage people in whatever capacity the state finds pertinent when that time comes. We've already laid out dozens of contingencies, along with departmental-specific concerns and ramifications *if* those things come to call, all of which are being addressed by their respective department head as best we can.

It's going to be a long, strange trip and we're determined to be as ready as humanly possible.

Thread Information