• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

tnt1234

Well, let's talk about the weather. I'll be in manchester next week and wanted to go Magic>Bromley but am thinking Okemo might be a better bet for decent groomers as they have the snow making firepower to recover.

Just hate thinking about the crowds.

The Sneak

I take absolutely no pleasure in learning of the latest misfortune(s) to befall one of my favorite mountains.
I admire their perseverance.

But yeah, I remember skiing Magic in February 2020 and pointing out the new Black Chair in the parking lot.

For ownership and management's sake, I hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel that's not an oncoming train.

drjeff

No mention of Black in yesterdays Alpine Update … weren’t they teasing “before the end of the month” just a couple weeks ago ?
Did they specify which Month of which Year though? ;)

Hope the Black get's it's green license plate from the VT Tramway Board and starts hauling passenger to the top in the coming weeks!

MG Skier

Todays snow report was kind of a bummer, but I get it. I'm skiing tomorrow on good old Red or Green. After a forced 2 weeks off from skiing I'll be happy to be on the hill AND it will be better than my last visit. Hope the lines are about the same. Short.

slatham

Magic opening Monday for a “pow day”. Current modeling looking good for 6” and depending on banding and micro mountain factors 8” is possible. 10” is cap and everything would need to go right for that to fall. Given base anything 6 or over will make it wide open and good, hence the opening. Think snow! ❄️

JoeB-Z

Did they specify which Month of which Year though? ;)

Hope the Black get's it's green license plate from the VT Tramway Board and starts hauling passenger to the top in the coming weeks!
No mention of Black in yesterdays Alpine Update … weren’t they teasing “before the end of the month” just a couple weeks ago ?
The snow report today said "Black Line Quad work is continuing by Pfister Mtn Services with work extending into early February after a brief break." Note that work extending says nothing about finishing the work!

NYDB

The snow report today said "Black Line Quad work is continuing by Pfister Mtn Services with work extending into early February after a brief break." Note that work extending says nothing about finishing the work!

I'm sensing a 'they won't return my calls' alpine update around late February

thetrailboss

Staff member
Does “brief break” mean scrambling to get money to pay Pfister’s past-due invoice?

deadheadskier

Staff member
It's like a classic car restoration project. It's neverending. Until one day it's finished. Or at least you think it is. And then you try to start it up. And maybe it runs. Or not. 🙄

Right?

With how long it's taking to get this lift fixed (what? 5 years or so now?) I'm not sure I'm going to ever have the confidence to ride the thing. Sounds like it's destined to breakdown constantly.

letitsnow1

Magic reported ski patrol responded to a distress call in the backcountry at 5:42pm yesterday, resulting in a fatality. So sad RIP

tnt1234

Magic reported ski patrol responded to a distress call in the backcountry at 5:42pm yesterday, resulting in a fatality. So sad RIP
I wonder what happened.

Doesn't seem like the right conditions fro back country in S.Vt.

Do people ski off the back side of magic? Or the shoulders?

Sad news.