• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

Spoke to a couple of Magic's reps at the Hartford ski show this past weekend, and hell yeah, you could feel the optimism in our conversations. So psyched to get back there again this season and check out the new glades and improved snow making coverage.

Got a 2 fer as well and went w my wife who doesn't ski anymore, but is a good sport about supporting my passion.... lol. I went local w a BE and Sundown tix as I've already got a few northern trips scheduled and paid for this year at Jay, Stowe & Sugarbush. Figured I could keep an eye on the conditions and just go as weather permits.

Show was OK. I worked the Boston show for years as a Ski Card rep so very familiar w the flow. For a free show I have no complaints.

bdfreetuna

Can't complain. Someone handed me, my wife and my father free passes to get in ($8 value). Only spent $4 parking and walked away with a Burke pass and a few deals.

Do Work

If anyone doubts the difference aftercooled air makes, I felt a whole trail go from snow to rain (different Mtn) when our aftercoolers shut down. That's huge.

Also, as a relative novice in the trees I'm excited to try some of these new glades. This is shaping up to be a fantastic year, and I've really enjoyed the detailed updates.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

It really is a massive difference. Not only will it operate more efficiently every minute it’s on, but our target wetbulb will certainly gain a few degrees of effectiveness. For a southern ski area, it’s an absolute must, and a game changer in every sense.

Every project we’ve taken on this season was on a foundation level. Honestly it’s pretty crazy we got it done for so long without all these things.

I can’t even express in words how proud I am of this crew. It truly is a labor of love for everyone and it shows in the final product!

It really is a massive difference. Not only will it operate more efficiently every minute it’s on, but our target wetbulb will certainly gain a few degrees of effectiveness. For a southern ski area, it’s an absolute must, and a game changer in every sense.

Every project we’ve taken on this season was on a foundation level. Honestly it’s pretty crazy we got it done for so long without all these things.

I can’t even express in words how proud I am of this crew. It truly is a labor of love for everyone and it shows in the final product!

DoWork, as always a huge thanks to you and your crew. I for one can’t wait to shred the Nelson learning area. Little MSB and I have been watching ski movies every morning to get ready.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Do Work

DoWork, as always a huge thanks to you and your crew. I for one can’t wait to shred the Nelson learning area. Little MSB and I have been watching ski movies every morning to get ready.
AlpineZone

We are every bit as excited to see you guys out there tearing it up as you are to do it! :beer:

p_levert

DoWork, is the green lift going to be ready by Xmas? I am starting to get concerned...

Do Work

DoWork, is the green lift going to be ready by Xmas? I am starting to get concerned...

It'll be done the moment we're finished with it :spin:

Not positive as to an exact date, but we are going to keep everyone posted when we have a date we feel is accurate. The last thing we want to do is give bad info, but we are going to do our absolute best to communicate as details develop.

KustyTheKlown

yea the green is really just a bonus. you don't need it to access anything. it just increases uphill capacity and takes some beginners off of red/black.

machski

Cannot wait. My Aunt and Uncle live 20 minutes away so with that lodging option, I look forward to my wife and I visiting this season for our first turns on the hill. It's been on my list and it seems like the time has finally arrived!

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

slatham

Will the new map incorporate your hand written version with the names of unnamed glades?

Hummmm, not sure who are in "real" life, but obviously a friend if I showed you my super secret, double probation, hand drawn map!

Happily, only a couple of the glades will be revealed on the new "official" map (you can get a peak of it on the social media posts of Magic at the Ski Shows). Meanwhile, the secret glades are also growing, so all is good.

Can't wait to get in the woods in some deep pow!