• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

JoeB-Z

Black is not running. That will give you a brief rest in line so you can actually last the day!

rocks860

Enjoy it dude. More than plenty of snow everywhere. Probably will be lines. Don't waste runs on warm ups or whatever. Make every run count, they will be in rare condition.

Never waste a run, was there last weekend and it was fantastic so I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Magic's website for hours says Saturday 8:30-4pm, but their status update says the Red Chair starts spinning tomorrow at 9am. Odd.

Anyone know which is correct?

urungus

From this mornings report:

The Red Chair will spin at 8:30am. Handle tow and Carpet lift by 9:30, and Black Chair as of 10:00 as back-up. We will be limiting ticket sales to around 1000 for tomorrow given the more limited uphill capacity of Black Chair so we can try to keep lift lines to less than 30 minutes given the demand for all this new fresh snow. It will be a crowded weekend across southern Vermont.

Vaughn

From this mornings report:

The Red Chair will spin at 8:30am. Handle tow and Carpet lift by 9:30, and Black Chair as of 10:00 as back-up. We will be limiting ticket sales to around 1000 for tomorrow given the more limited uphill capacity of Black Chair so we can try to keep lift lines to less than 30 minutes given the demand for all this new fresh snow. It will be a crowded weekend across southern Vermont.

Really glad they're doing well but I think I'd rather not go skiing than wait in a 30 minute lift line for a New England height mtn.

rocks860

Line for black is quite long
1759cd0f2e705966f15977a5807755fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makimono

That's great that Black's running. I saw Magic capped tickets at 10am today too. I'm at work today but will be back up for pow bumps Sunday AM. Go get it!