• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

Last Saturday did not suck...
IMG_7730.jpg
IMG_7727.jpg
IMG_7725.jpg

Fun race, sunshine corner bar, soft snow, all around awesome. The big boy runs were fun too. But I didn’t stop to take pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

RustyGroomer

Still my favorite pic of the year. Skiing by I stopped dead in my tracks to take the pic. Haha.

Can't wait to see & be a small part of these kids Magic future. Going to be something special for sure.
28827586_10216139052132705_5143490306695260728_o.jpg

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Harvey, sunshine corner bar will be back this weekend!

I made a deal with an angel, my wife. In exchange for my daughter's spring break in a god forsaken (southern non-skiing) location, I got to run wild the entire month of March. It was the best month of skiing in my life, and now it's time to pay up. I'm out of the game for this weekend and maybe next weekend too. If sunshine corner makes it to April 15, I'll be there.

Have a great weekend and post Magic pics. I'll be watching and cheering from the sidelines.

mriceyman

I made a deal with an angel, my wife. In exchange for my daughter's spring break in a god forsaken (southern non-skiing) location, I got to run wild the entire month of March. It was the best month of skiing in my life, and now it's time to pay up. I'm out of the game for this weekend and maybe next weekend too. If sunshine corner makes it to April 15, I'll be there.

Have a great weekend and post Magic pics. I'll be watching and cheering from the sidelines.

Picked a good month to run wild

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JoeB-Z

Really great conditions today. Challenging from run to run. The groomed stuff was fine. The west side was really refreshed. Talisman might have had 8" of new snow. Talisman may soften up in the afternoon and that will be really sweet.

I brought my rock skis but that was a waste of effort.

No one was there. Ski on.

slatham

Really great conditions today. Challenging from run to run. The groomed stuff was fine. The west side was really refreshed. Talisman might have had 8" of new snow. Talisman may soften up in the afternoon and that will be really sweet.

I brought my rock skis but that was a waste of effort.

No one was there. Ski on.

Awesome day. Top part of Mountian, including Tali, were definitely 8" and skiing great even with firm underneath. Typical April crowd meant trees were untracked well into the afternoon.

IMG_4409.jpg

That's a well known but unmarked tree run at noon (sorry about sideways view but no energy left to try to fix......)

bdfreetuna

Wow I would be there 100% for closing day tomorrow if not for the flu.

Just checked 30/39 trails and 10/11 glades still open... awesome for April 7th

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Witch-Goniff, Twilight Zone, Up Your Sleeve, Talisman, and the low-angle trees were all awesome. Easily 8" up top. Cold enough today to preserve the snow in mid-winter shape...never got sticky like spring snow usually does.

The lack of crowds was ridiculous. I skied alone all day and rode up with someone once. Fresh tracks all day if you wanted them.