• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

bdfreetuna

I'm 33.

That's impressive skiing 17+ days at Sugarbush coming up from NJ.

I might go for a pass if I literally lived within a few minutes of a really good mountain. But I'm able to ski at about $40/day with a lot of freedom (and deal hunting). I have a complimentary Cumberland Farms gas card as well so that takes away a lot of the sting of traveling further distances.

Magic definitely takes the cake when conditions are nice and I don't really feel like spending half the day driving.

cdskier

That's impressive skiing 17+ days at Sugarbush coming up from NJ.

My goal is around 40 days. I only had 28 last year and just under 40 the 2 prior years.

Yes it is a long drive every weekend, but you quickly get used to it and it becomes quite routine (and oh so worth it once you get out on the mountain).

steamboat1

My goal is around 40 days. I only had 28 last year and just under 40 the 2 prior years.

Yes it is a long drive every weekend, but you quickly get used to it and it becomes quite routine (and oh so worth it once you get out on the mountain).
I feel the same way about the drive & reward. Goal is usually around 40 days. I came up a couple days short myself last season (37). All in central/northern VT. driving from Brooklyn, NY except 1 day at Stratton in southern VT. I try to get up every other week for a few days between Dec.-Apr.

Do Work

I'm not really big into skiing at any one place too many times in a season. Have never bought a pass for any mountain. I tend to look for the deals which allow me to ski all over especially in VT. I have about 25 days in an average season to ski.

The most attractive offers to me which would get me to ski a mountain more than it's usual share are good deals on 4-packs or other similar ticket bundles. Or if I see you at the Boston Ski Show and you have some kind of special going on along those lines.

For me I would probably only buy a season's pass if I knew it would come out to under $30 each day of skiing, as a maximum.

But part of the fun of skiing for me is going to all different places each season so I'm probably not the target audience for your *very good* season's pass deals.

Makes perfect sense! I used to do the same thing and go to as many different mountains I could before I really got into Magic. I only ask because I'm from Wilbraham and you're about 20-30 minutes closer.

Los

But part of the fun of skiing for me is going to all different places each season so I'm probably not the target audience for your *very good* season's pass deals.

Definitely! Could not agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

JamaicaMan

Volunteer Days begin on Saturday at 9am with more coming on 10/8 and 10/22.

Thanks for the support!

RustyGroomer

In. A few of us got a jump & went up Sunday. Bottom of Twilight looks nice & clean. No longer is there one way out. DW has some pics. I go this one. Good things to come. See you Saturday.

Attachments

• MagicRainbow.jpg
    MagicRainbow.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 185

JoeB-Z

Looks like the pot of gold is right about under the Swiss flag.

slatham

Volunteer Days begin on Saturday at 9am with more coming on 10/8 and 10/22.

Thanks for the support!

Planning on Oct 8th volunteer day. I am up the weekend prior too so I might do a solo commando raid on a favorite creek bed that needs thinning....

JamaicaMan

I volunteered and all I got was this t-shirt...Thanks to the 30+ vols who came out today! ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1474166715.427016.jpg

JamaicaMan

People actually "volunteer" here. But food, mucho bevies and Ts are provided.

slatham

People actually "volunteer" here. But food, mucho bevies and Ts are provided.

Food, beer AND a fancy T shirt? Don't go all "resort" on me JM! But I hope you saved some for the 8th, they look sweet.

JamaicaMan

Well let's just say that one shirt was a "non-sanctioned version" of the Stratton logo...