• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

Smellytele

Not only was the skiing far better than expected but I walked in to "Soulshine". Let me just say this is the proper lodge bootin' up feel good song. 7 min. Uplifting, etc. Hopefully it continues down that path this weekend.

Anyone skiing Monday for the freebie?

Gov’t Mule or Allman brothers’ version?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

KustyTheKlown

Not only was the skiing far better than expected but I walked in to "Soulshine". Let me just say this is the proper lodge bootin' up feel good song. 7 min. Uplifting, etc. Hopefully it continues down that path this weekend.

Anyone skiing Monday for the freebie?

cant make it monday, but magic is on my sunday shortlist again this week. third tries a charm right? will hit you up if that ends up being our move. will be with gf.

RustyGroomer

The Allmans Smelly.

Sounds good Kusty. Keep me posted. I'm not 100% on Monday. If it seems worth it, I'm considering it. Always looks like a fun time.

Edit: Nice Reefer!

slatham

Any chance (assuming no natural snow ) that lower Wizard is open this weekend?

From what I understand they need hours-wise at snowmaking temps, and based on the forecast, they "should" have the Wiz-Tali-Wiz run done. Snow report indicates that is plan too.

Whether they can pull off opening Sorcerer or middle Wiz on natural (with lead-in and run-out covered in man made) is a good question.

JM/DW?

NYDB

From what I understand they need hours-wise at snowmaking temps, and based on the forecast, they "should" have the Wiz-Tali-Wiz run done. Snow report indicates that is plan too.

Whether they can pull off opening Sorcerer or middle Wiz on natural (with lead-in and run-out covered in man made) is a good question.

JM/DW?

yeah, I'm talkin' bout any chance of wiz TTB.

JamaicaMan

JM/DW?

Upper Talisman takes days to blow in as also used for race course. Wizard to Talisman is what we are shooting for this weekend as need to finish upper Wiz starting tonight

louisemann

Heading there for free No Boundaries Monday. Cannot wait. Any tips on parking, what not to miss and overall mt. vibe? Green and red lifts open.

bdfreetuna

Heading there for free No Boundaries Monday. Cannot wait. Any tips on parking, what not to miss and overall mt. vibe? Green and red lifts open.

Get there early for best parking, but it's easy to figure out. Overall vibe is laid back, old school & fun. You'll easily be able to ski all the open available terrain in a day, just point them in a direction and have fun.

NYDB

Will be there sat and sun with the kiddos. Stoked to hit the Tali whales but also interested to find out how the east side naturals are skiing/riding .

sull1102

Just read the Alpine Update, seems the last hope of the quad chair installed this season has left the building.

BenedictGomez

Just read the Alpine Update, seems the last hope of the quad chair installed this season has left the building.

Who was the guy that kept posting & was betting it all on Magic being wrong & that that chair would not open this season?

Show up at the window & collect your money.

JoeB-Z

Will be there sat and sun with the kiddos. Stoked to hit the Tali whales but also interested to find out how the east side naturals are skiing/riding .

Really nice today. Talisman was wonderful. Not whales but big moguls. I love that sort of 3D skiing. Not 100 percent coverage, as warned and marked but a great line down. I thanked Matt (Do Work) as he took a turn spelling Dave on the Red Chair late in the day. Clearly his crew worked their butts off in the window of cold available. That was a lot of snow to lay down. This is not your old Magic. Even the Chute on Wizard was fun for once. And it was clear that the coverage on Wizard was built to last. Its just that sort of year so far. Also the whole place was operating so smoothly with a very decent crowd and lots of day tickets (cash) evident.

NYDB

Yeah I never made it up (oldest didn't want to go), but my wife and youngest were there and had a great day. She said it was pretty busy too, which is good to hear.

She also said the east side naturals were pretty good and skied great yesterday.