The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 195

AlpineZone

Page 195 of 208 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2071
    The comparison is vs a special Wednesday “powder day” that is open to the public

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I'm confused. Doesn't a full mountain rental mean that a company is renting out the mountain to ski for the day? Wouldn't Thursday therefore be more tracked out than if nobody was skiing the mountain on Wednesday? Apologies if I've just mixed something up here.
    More tracked out than if closed, less tracked out than a full on open to the public powder day. Or so goes my theory.....

Been wrong before, just ask JM about my weather forecasts!
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I'm confused. Doesn't a full mountain rental mean that a company is renting out the mountain to ski for the day? Wouldn't Thursday therefore be more tracked out than if nobody was skiing the mountain on Wednesday? Apologies if I've just mixed something up here.
    Less tracked out, than if it was open to the Public for a "Powder Day"

It sounds like Thursday would be a great day to hit up Magic then

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaMan View Post
    No pow day opening on Wednesday as we have a full mountain rental with rk miles already scheduled for that day...it always seems to snow when they come.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    is there some schedule someplace that shows private event dates that are booked? It would be great to see these blacked out dates well in advance in the events calendar on the website.

Tremendous luck to hit back to back powder days.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    is there some schedule someplace that shows private event dates that are booked? It would be great to see these blacked out dates well in advance in the events calendar on the website.

Tremendous luck to hit back to back powder days.
    Another one 3/11. They were put on the calendar. Not sure why not showing up. Checking that now

JM- Calendar is not showing open on Monday 2/18. However, there is a race scheduled on Talisman.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB-Z View Post
    JM- Calendar is not showing open on Monday 2/18. However, there is a race scheduled on Talisman.
    Open all week

OK! I'm hoping Saturday will be mine, and my youngest daughter's first day at Magic. We've been trying for the last three years, and every time we book a trip, weather screws us....and yet again, that might happen.

Looks like 9-12" from this storm, but Friday is iffy....so....

How early on a holiday Saturday do they sell out? I realize there are no guarantees, but am I safe to wait until late friday evening to buy tickets online? Or will they pre- sell 1500 (is that the #?) before then?

Assuming this storm brings things back to life, and friday storm is all or mostly snow....where do we go first?!?!?! For reference, we love trees, and narrow NE bump runs....think Castle Rock, Goat, etc....

Really hope this works out - we're psyched to finally get there!

Sure Magic will work out for you, will probably get more snow than predicted.

Gonna be the same at K.

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thread Information