• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

JamaicaMan

Yes, but I think they were referring to Green chair. That is suppose to allow for earlier openings and this year, Ma Nature would allow for that if Green is ready.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Green lift is going about as slowly as the snowmaking right now...Marginal temps and high humidity means no snowmaking again until Wednesday night and then for just two days. The lift contractor has not given me a firm absolute ready date but we are pushing for 12/1. Finalizing electric drive set up and wiring to be able to operate lift and put on the chairs. Then load testing and state inspection.

What holiday, lol?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

IceEidolon

That install started in 2002, right? (Granted under different management.)

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

JamaicaMan

It must feel pretty good to FINALLY be seeing the the light at the end of the tunnel, on this project, considering how long it has been in progress.

Yes. Pretty much a total rebuild. So the wallet is a lot lighter but it will be a fine lift in a couple weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

The Sneak

Yes, but I think they were referring to Green chair. That is suppose to allow for earlier openings and this year, Ma Nature would allow for that if Green is ready.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Correct, thank you. I wasn’t sure if I had missed a status update re Black for 2020 and or when Green is expected to be ready. While I am not a local or regular, I do ski Magic sometimes and enjoy it very much. It’s like a larger Berkshire East, another place I enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KustyTheKlown

IN!

wasn't going to ski this weekend but cannot pass up magic opening day with ungroomed powder all over.

NYDB

Came down talisman and some other stuff this morning. Coverage was insane on tali. Deep turns.
Definite windbuff and a crust in places. Very supportive snow. Tali was pretty deep. East side low angle trees fun. Snow much better in woods. Hit a few things which is to be expected.

Those were my 2 runs

I think the natural snow that is there on the trails will actually ski better when it gets tracked out a bit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using AlpineZone mobile app

Kleetus

Was at Gore today and lots of stuff opened on natural that skied awesome. Was going to head back there tomorrow as I have a season pass there, but Magic is making me completely rethink that strategy.

Natural is skiing insane for November. I can't even believe I'm skiing on only natural in November!

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

Kleetus

Killingtime

Was at the World Cup today and the Magic Ski Race Team was there. Spoke to a gentleman with a Magic jacket on who gave me some tips about checking it out for the first time.