• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

MMP

WTF happened here? Weather went to shit. Thread REALLY went to shit.

I'll be gathering myself for a moment tryin to figure a corrective action.

It was me. I played YEM. I played Tahoe Tweezer, I played Fluffhead....

People my age do not take the drugs required to fine tune the DB's to our ears. At the lone DB show i attended, a guy proclaimed to my wife that " I loves me some cougar"

Raq? STOOOOOOOOOOPS

I'll be in the Mad River Valley this weekend if Kusty ends up there, reach out for sure.

I know you aint going nowhere. (ooooh eeeeee ride me high, tomorrows the day my brides gonna come)

Lastly, the music talk is what makes magic cool. If you like mandolins and acoustic guitars and Jerry and have at any point dabbled in psychedelics, you'll probably fit in. Some of you douches mileage may vary.

urungus

From today’s Alpine Update:

On the Quad lift front, our lift contractor has finally been back in touch again with us and is putting together a plan for completion after being AWOL. The good news is that our two chairlifts handled the flow of crowds very well on a busy MLK Sunday. So the focus now is simply getting the lift contractor back to work and making steady progress toward completion.

MMP

Wears kids clothing for a reason. Guy is a POS who plays sloppy AF. How do I know? I'll leave it there but let's stop idolizing these douchebags and get back to Magic Mountain.

Yah let’s. Fuck off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sull1102

I like how Magic says the lift contractor went AWOL but you guys are busy talking jam band...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

KustyTheKlown

It was me. I played YEM. I played Tahoe Tweezer, I played Fluffhead....

People my age do not take the drugs required to fine tune the DB's to our ears. At the lone DB show i attended, a guy proclaimed to my wife that " I loves me some cougar"

Raq? STOOOOOOOOOOPS

I'll be in the Mad River Valley this weekend if Kusty ends up there, reach out for sure.

I know you aint going nowhere. (ooooh eeeeee ride me high, tomorrows the day my brides gonna come)

Lastly, the music talk is what makes magic cool. If you like mandolins and acoustic guitars and Jerry and have at any point dabbled in psychedelics, you'll probably fit in. Some of you douches mileage may vary.

i just cancelled my manchester hotel and expedia and the hotel were cool and issued me a refund even tho it was a nonrefundable reservation. i was gonna book something in cheap in montpelier but i dont even think this weekend is salvaged up at mad/sugarbush. the green marches north with every model run. the entire damn state is green in the saturday overnight. i dont think the snow will be worth my time and money, and freezing rain lift icing seems inevitable. what a shitty shit.

for now the plan is a day trip to stratton on saturday. they're basically 100% open and i'm hoping the higher elevation woods are skiable.

and lol re: "drugs required to fine tune" for the biscuits. they are an acquired taste. a paradox. the worst singers in the entire world, playing some of the worst songs ever written (at least lyrically), but they take the improv further out than anyone else. getting heavy into tdb during the phish hiatus from 04-09 is basically what ruined phish for me. my new expectation was that a set should have 3-6 songs max, everything must be fully and seemlessly segued, and songs are split up/unfinished/played backwards, etc. when phish came back and was putting out 15 song sets of 6 minute long dad rockers, i was done.

Last edited:

RustyGroomer

Mountain skied great yesterday. Sleeve in particular.

Theres a a net gain of something out there.

bdfreetuna

“He got a couple of hundred feet up the terrain park and turned around”

I would have liked to see how far he could get up Red Line. Did this began as snow donuts or as a hill climb attempt?

RustyGroomer

Like folks skinning he should have chosen a side trail.

That something that fell from he sky made or some fun skiing again. Firm but very edgeable.

RustyGroomer

Not only was the skiing far better than expected but I walked in to "Soulshine". Let me just say this is the proper lodge bootin' up feel good song. 7 min. Uplifting, etc. Hopefully it continues down that path this weekend.

Anyone skiing Monday for the freebie?