• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

mriceyman

Well im sorry for jumping off but there is no way without serious removal of land that you can ever open that trail. Also the lift was stopped(which doesnt make it any better) and it was a pow day.. which yes those couple turns were great. Sorry again

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

rtjcbrown

Well im sorry for jumping off but there is no way without serious removal of land that you can ever open that trail. Also the lift was stopped(which doesnt make it any better) and it was a pow day.. which yes those couple turns were great. Sorry again

65213207.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
There's never a good reason to jump off a chairlift. Sorry. Only exception would be a rollback like happened at Sugarloaf a few years back.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

SIKSKIER

There's never a good reason to jump off a chairlift. Sorry. Only exception would be a rollback like happened at Sugarloaf a few years back.
Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

That would eliminate the use of "never".I was stuck on a chair at Sunapee for 45 minutes and they were doing an evac.More than a few of us jumped the 7 feet.

Jully

That would eliminate the use of "never".I was stuck on a chair at Sunapee for 45 minutes and they were doing an evac.More than a few of us jumped the 7 feet.

So its more like "there's never a good exception to jump off a properly functioning chairlift."

Do Work

Met up with a few Machete Militia captains and banged out a bunch of cleanup work yesterday. Also took a field trip to look at the next "official" cleanup project, and everyone agrees... This season is going to blow peoples' freakin minds. The amount of attention to details being paid to the whole greater "Lower East Side/LES" Green Chair area is going to truly create the perception of a mini-Magic. Everything that makes the whole hill great will be present- and polished to a mirror sheen- in that lower mountain section, but with a specific eye tailoring it to the beginners and intermediates we're hoping to attract.

Nothing gets the stoke juices flowing like a work day with a few regulars, and looking back uphill at the end of a long, buggy day to imagine making waist deep turns through it. Fills my sails with wind, I tells ya!

Exciting stuff happening literally everywhere on the hill these days. What an exciting time to be a part of all this!!

Do Work

Did Geoff used to post in this forum?

Still does! I think he is Jamaica Man (or something like that iirc)

Whenever I see a Magic article I'm always like "Hey they left out so much!" but in reality if we went over everything we're doing it would be a novel, not an article- and there would be no surprises come autumn- where's the fun in that?!

Still does! I think he is Jamaica Man (or something like that iirc)

Whenever I see a Magic article I'm always like "Hey they left out so much!" but in reality if we went over everything we're doing it would be a novel, not an article- and there would be no surprises come autumn- where's the fun in that?!

I like novels

Newpylong

Based on the Act 250 filing there will be pipe going on Kinderspiel plus the other lower mountain feeder replacements?

JoeB-Z

Interesting - do you have a link?

The links to the Act 250 permits are in the VTDigger article. Other details in the permits- customer service yurt Sunshine Corner, New patrol station at top.