• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

Smellytele

Great day there today! The ungroomed stuff was off the charts. Got there for opening bell. Got the 11th chair. Geoff was out greeting everyone in line. Thanking us for being there. I thanked him for letting us be there! The groomed stuff was okay but a little like chocolate chip ice cream in spots.

slatham

Special day for sure. Big congrats and thanks to JM and Do Work (and Brownie, Travis, Tim, Jeremey, etc) that made this happen. Oh, and Ullr and the obvioulsy successful job done by the Ullr fest crew led by MNIAW.

1B45289C-AF8B-4941-A9F8-42A508AAD502.jpg

Entrance to Goniff. This is November ?

Kleetus

back to Brooklyn. i was second chair. I’m in their video. What a day
I was in the first (blue pants guy). Does it matter? Nope! I think everybody got plenty of Powder today regardless of what chair they were in!

Was good chatting with you and your crew in the lift line. Had no idea it was an AZ'er. If our paths ever cross again we'll have to make some turns.

Again, the work done by Magic and all the volunteers to open early and get the mountain ready for the season is much appreciated. Huge thank you to them and here's hoping this is only the beginning of a great snowy season!

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

Ah right on. I figured there were AZ people on hand.

Can’t believe how few people showed up for what was a really memorable classic magic day

BenedictGomez

I've definitely seen AZ stickers on helmuts, but I never ask as I feel like that's tool'ish (which I'm sure it really isnt). lol

urungus

I was there too! What an awesome day!! Pretty much everything was open except for lower Wizard and Lower Magic Carpet, amazing for November. Everyone I talked to was in such good spirits. Conditions were so nice and fluffy on the ungroomed runs that I got up the nerve to go down Witch and Black Line for the first time ever. Witch was no problem but the last ledge on Black Line was a bit of challenge for me ...

KustyTheKlown

thats me in the blue jacket. and lol at a line entirely composed of men staring down the one woman. she ripped too by the way. i think she works for magic? saw her under red getting it good.

KustyTheKlown

Was at the World Cup today and the Magic Ski Race Team was there. Spoke to a gentleman with a Magic jacket on who gave me some tips about checking it out for the first time.

best advice he could have given you was to stop spectating at k and drive an hour south to participate in an 80% open terrain fully ungroomed opening day.

the conditions at magic yesterday would have kicked the crap out of most eastern resort skiers. thick quad burning powder. unexposed rocks stumps and obstacles. huge mandatory water bars. lesser ski areas would not let the public ski this stuff (save for MRG and maybe sugarbush). magic is special.

Smellytele

the conditions at magic yesterday would have kicked the crap out of most eastern resort skiers. thick quad burning powder. unexposed rocks stumps and obstacles. huge mandatory water bars. lesser ski areas would not let the public ski this stuff (save for MRG and maybe sugarbush). magic is special.

Agree but would add a few places that would -Wildcat, Cannon, Black of Maine and maybe a few others.

NYDB

White saturday was a special day that ill remember for a long time. Toured my son around all day. We had a blast until our legs gave out around 2. Stoke level was high. Last run was fresh lines through a on map tree run.

Sent from my SM-G960U using AlpineZone mobile app

slatham

best advice he could have given you was to stop spectating at k and drive an hour south to participate in an 80% open terrain fully ungroomed opening day.

Hhhhmmmm, did we have this conversation on Trick Saturday???

urungus

Email from Geoff:

Bruce Almighty!

We never imagined this storm would be quite this huge. But, winter storm "Bruce" delivered a mighty wallop last night into today. 14" heavy snow at the base with 19" of fresh powder up top! And, some more light snow in the forecast for Wednesday.

With all the new snow we are adapting our operating plans to open even earlier than Saturday as we want to give folks as much opportunity to enjoy Ullr's bounty as possible. As we were without power, internet and phone all day today, there was no way to be feasibly open tomorrow (Wednesday), so the Red Chair will spin at 9am for a Thursday 19 inch full-on Powder Day and then Magic stays open for Friday and into the "opening" weekend--there's just so much snow, and with our prior base, the entire mountain will be OPEN including all the woods! (In NOVEMBER!)

Take a look at the picture taken late today (below)--how often do you not see any rock showing on the steep ledges and cliff faces of Black Line and Black Magic?!

The extra day without ski traffic should also get some of the moisture out of the heavy snow. We will have our regular $74 adult ticket pricing for the Powder Day and Friday-Sunday with all our ski trails and glades open.

7CA44201-78A4-40CA-B491-17B46CCE596B.jpeg

IceEidolon

100% by Christmas is noteworthy. 100% now is unheard of. This is amazing.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk