The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 34

AlpineZone

Page 34 of 272 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Triple post can't edit.

Ask Dave (lifty) to point me out too. He's so good he'll let you know what #chair I'm on if in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Generally speaking yes, but not always. I've certainly spent 20+ minutes waiting in line for Madonna at Smuggs and 30+ for Sterling.

I know it will never happen, but I wonder what Magic would be like with a HSQ? Would it become like other Southern VT areas with massive lines or would it be like Wildcat and hardly ever have a line longer than a few minutes. This past Sunday at Wildcat was intolerable. From 10-Noon the singles line got to be a 4-5 minute wait. It was a real struggle.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    It will never happen. My guess is the hill will limit lift ticket sales before investing in a HSQ.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Anyone worried about crowds,....take a look @ the webcam today. Also note current fire power on Talisman. They are lighting it up now.

Anyone want a set of Burt binding plates in celebration of Retro Day? I'll have them in the car tomorrow. PM or look for the fellow with bright orange, non-retro, pants. Or if skiing, no pole plants on the right. Surgery on the 20th so my sort of ski season is winding down. Really looking forward to Talisman. A favorite.

Joe

I hope you first timers decided to come. Magic was skiing very very nicely today on both the east and west side.

Sent from my SM-N920V using AlpineZone mobile app

So bummed I missed the most impressive display of snowmaking that Magic has ever seen! Someone post some more eye candy for those who couldn't make it!
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    So bummed I missed the most impressive display of snowmaking that Magic has ever seen! Someone post some more eye candy for those who couldn't make it!
    Sorry. I was having too much fun skiing the whales to take pictures of it but great fun was had by all.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmagic View Post
    Sorry. I was having too much fun skiing the whales to take pictures of it but great fun was had by all.

The snow from the HKD guns on Talisman had a different quality also. Very much like medium density Eastern natural. Yes it was really cold and that helps but this wasnot the man made I am mostly familiar with. It was a blizzard too. So many great runs today. The East side was really well groomed. I showed up at noon and everything skied well. Wizard had been improved everywhere except the last pitch. Sorcerer was fun. I guess Sorcerer was natural that had been groomed. Edgeable everywhere. Just not a bad run today. I had the chance to thank Matt Cote at the top of the upper Wizard chute.

I'll be there tomorrow. Been a couple years since I was last at Magic, hopefully it's as good as I remember.

Skied Magic this past Friday for the first time in 20+ years. I was thoroughly impressed with the terrain and snow quality! 13 runs in 4.5 hours on both east and west side. Talisman wasn't yet open due to ongoing snowmaking, but they were pounding it. Great mountain with lots of varied terrain for all skiers. Can't wait to get back.

Thread Information