The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 273

AlpineZone

Page 273 of 275 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275 LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 2742
    Critical retailers
    Food and beverage stores are open. This includes: supermarkets, convenience stores, farmers’ markets, food pantries, and liquor stores. Why liquor stores? The short answer is they're open in neighboring states, according to Commerce RI. Pharmacies, marijuana compassion centers are open.
    Pet supply stores, gas stations and auto repair shops are open too. Hardware stores and larger retailers like Home Depot and Lowes remain open, with shortened hours.
    Laundromats, banks and credit unions are physically open. Firearm stores are as well. Why gun shops?
    “It should be noted firearm stores in Connecticut and New Hampshire among states most proximate to us, and there’s a variety of states Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania where such stores remain open,” said Commerce Secretary Stefan Pryor. Pryor also said allowing guns shops to remain open is a safety issue. First time owners can receive onsite instruction.
    Non-critical retailers
    Arts and crafts shops have closed their physical locations. Furniture store showrooms are close, but online shopping and delivery are available.
    Car dealers are technically closed, except for repair work. A quick poll taken by a reporter on Monday indicated car sales are being done by appointment.
    Sporting goods shops are closed. So too are home furnishings and department stores. Big box stores like Target and Walmart are open, but also limiting the number of customers inside. Some have wondered why the big retailers are allowing the sale of products carried by smaller retailers, who have been forced to close?
    In Chicopee, Massachusetts police sent out a tweet saying on April 1st, retailers like Walmart, BJ’s, Big Y, Stop and Shop, Home Depot and Price Rite will close off a portion of their stores for non-essential goods.
    “This means, clothing, toys, electronics, sporting goods, seasonal will be off-limits to shoppers. Only essential areas will be allowed,” said the tweet

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

New interview with Jamaica Man: https://skiing.substack.com/p/covid-...odcast-3-magic

I haven't listened yet. In the summary, Jamaica Man says that the Freedom Pass is dead. I must admit, it seemed kind of dead.

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    New interview with Jamaica Man: https://skiing.substack.com/p/covid-...odcast-3-magic

I haven't listened yet. In the summary, Jamaica Man says that the Freedom Pass is dead. I must admit, it seemed kind of dead.
    If the freedom pass is dead, I would love for them to do some sort of deal with Bromley. Something like you get 5 days non saturday / non holiday / non powder day at each others hill with a full seasons pass.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    If the freedom pass is dead, I would love for them to do some sort of deal with Bromley. Something like you get 5 days non saturday / non holiday / non powder day at each others hill with a full seasons pass.
    I think not. It's seems that they are going to offer an Indy Pass add-on for a modest price. I am curious to see if other Indy Pass ski areas offer the same thing, in particular Bolton.

I gotta say, some sort of partnership with Bromley would make a lot of sense, since Bromley is open 7 days a week and has a lot of snowmaking firepower.

Would be surprised to see that, Bromley is corporate, although on a much smaller scale than their other neighbors. But still technically not an independent ski area

Quote Originally Posted by icecoast1 View Post
    Would be surprised to see that, Bromley is corporate, although on a much smaller scale than their other neighbors. But still technically not an independent ski area
    I agree, Bromley is owned by Jiminy Peak which also owns Cranmore. None of those mountains are on any kind of partnership with outsiders. I believe they have a pass product between the three of them.
    2019-2020 59 days and holding...
    Thunder Ridge: 12/7, 12/8, 12/21, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/31, 1/4, 1/5, 1/11, 1/17, 1/18, 1/19, 1/26, 2/1, 2/2, 2/8, 2/9, 2/15, 2/16, 2/20, 2/21, 2/22, 2/23, 3/7, 3/8
    Killington: 11/15, 12/16, 12/17, 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/23, 1/3, 1/30, 1/31, 2/13, 2/27, 3/12
    Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/2, 12/24 Sunday River: 1/8, 1/9, 1/10 Greek Peak: 1/13, 1/14 Jiminy Peak: 12/6 Catamount: 12/13, 3/5 Pico: 12/19, 2/28 Mohawk: 12/27 Burke: 1/1 Ragged: 1/2 Wildcat: 1/6 Cannon: 1/7 Jay Peak: 1/23 Mad River Glen: 1/24 Magic: 2/14
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

The NEW Magic Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I agree, Bromley is owned by Jiminy Peak which also owns Cranmore. None of those mountains are on any kind of partnership with outsiders. I believe they have a pass product between the three of them.
    Cranmore and BW share a pass. Also Cranmore is on the White Mountain Super Pass.

Yeah I don't think it would ever happen, but as someone with a house in the area, it would be a nice option

What issues are those?

I'm lobbying for some kind of "Golden Valley" deal. I feel like Magic/Stratton/Bromley collectively sharing the same valley has been under-marketed forever. Together we offer more than just about any one spot and I'd love to see that pushed more for the incredible opportunity for a second home base it really is. Together we could offer a shocking range of offerings, all within a 10 minute radius.

*sigh*

Maybe someday!

Thread Information