The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 187

AlpineZone

Page 187 of 216 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2153
    I believe Wizard was blown in during the 11/12 season, although not until February. I do know that it cost a fortune with the old leaky system and the length of the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Great job. Admitted the rain made the skiing fairly crummy in general. However it was remarkable to see all the new people and they were really having fun. Importantly, the place was jumping and no doubt making money. The whales on Talisman made my week. Really fun skiing. An amazing amount of snow was put down and I hope to hit it again tomorrow afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post
    I believe Wizard was blown in during the 11/12 season, although not until February. I do know that it cost a fortune with the old leaky system and the length of the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Yes, while I can't recall the year I do recall Wizard seeing snowmaking back in the Jim Sullivan era.

Sorcerer I believe never in the post close era, though there had been rumors/plans....
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

I don't think DW got up to patch the Sorcerer leaks and cut the brush back until summer 2016/2017? Pretty sure the guns haven't run post close although I do have a distant foggy memory of skiing the Sorcerer with full blown man-made cover, just can't remember if it was pre or post close.

"If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Talisman was so nice today. Complete coverage and very consistent. A testament to snow making strategy and grooming given New Years Day rain. Not a spec of ice (unlike the rinklike chute on Wizard on the way down). In some ways it is good if the chute is all ice because I don't feel guilty side slipping a bit. Sharp edges helped but it was great today.

Congrats Do Work. Can't wait for Sorceror.

According to new post on Magic’s Facebook page, there will be a “Launch Party” for the Green Chair Saturday at 1pm.

Fireworks, free booze, soft snow ,and new lifts. Not a bad day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using AlpineZone mobile app

A little less liquid falling from the sky in the morning wouldn't of been a bad topper! I was across the valley at Bromley for a race with my daughter, and was mighty happy for full on Gore-tex this morning for sure!

Awesome accomplishment by Magic to get the Green spinning!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    Fireworks, free booze, soft snow ,and new lifts. Not a bad day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using AlpineZone mobile app
    And Talisman was like ice cream. The management and grooming of that slope this week was amazing. It will even be good tomorrow when I suppose it freezes up a bit. Enjoyed my first ride up Green. Green Line is not a secret anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    DW when is the last time Wizard has seen snow made on it T2B?

Do you ever foresee repairing/using (forgot what you said the deal with that line was) Witch to Black in lean snow years?

Not that long ago. That line is utilized for everything we put on the West side, so the pipe itself is in fine shape. We will likely make snow there after Sorcerer.

Witch to Black is also functional as per a line test we ran last season, but it is a hard place to make snow in. Tough terrain and lots of things in line before we try to go there but yes, we would love to make that statement and show off that capability- which this is a big year for proving our abilities to everyone for sure. This mountain can be so much more reliable than it's reputation would indicate, and we hope to earn more season pass holders going forward because of that. I think we've done a good job of ushering in the new era of Magic, but the more "firsts" we can pile on the better IMO. Witch to Black would be a game changer!

Thread Information