The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 207

AlpineZone

Page 207 of 218 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2171
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaMan View Post
    Once the new Quad goes in we’re going to tear the Red Chair down. Don’t need that lift. And the towers get in the way of skiers on Red Line

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Hmm, I forget today's date

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Hmm, I forget today's date

Nice play JamicaMan!

I would imagine the power consumption is significantly lower running Red vs the New-to-You Quad. Right?
    Ski it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by MG Skier View Post
    Nice play JamicaMan!

I would imagine the power consumption is significantly lower running Red vs the New-to-You Quad. Right?
    Haha
    Yes, it is. We actually have to buy a new transformer for the Quad as it is about twice the power consumption of the old Black Chair (when the damn thing actually ran)

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Why is that? Is it because you can run a double slightly faster than a quad?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Exactly! Quite a bit faster.......
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaMan View Post
    Haha
    Yes, it is. We actually have to buy a new transformer for the Quad as it is about twice the power consumption of the old Black Chair (when the damn thing actually ran)

Wow, one forgets how much work really goes into a lift removal and replacement. Considering the Black chair was DOA when your team took over and it "ran" 2017-18 at limited capacity, I certainly didn't see you guys dumping a ton of $$$ into it for a few weekends. Onward and upward! Think of the parking you will gain!
    Ski it like you stole it!

Couple of questions for JamaicaMan:

1. After looking at your season pass offerings, it seems like one option is missing. How about a powder pass+? This would be the powder pass plus Sundays.

2. How does the Freedom Pass look for the upcoming year? This has always been sort of a fluid thing, where you don't really know who's in until November. Can we expect more, or less, or about the same??

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    Couple of questions for JamaicaMan:

1. After looking at your season pass offerings, it seems like one option is missing. How about a powder pass+? This would be the powder pass plus Sundays.

2. How does the Freedom Pass look for the upcoming year? This has always been sort of a fluid thing, where you don't really know who's in until November. Can we expect more, or less, or about the same??
    1. You could buy our Sunday pass and a Powder Pass lol! Food for thought, though

2. Freedom went from 13 areas to 19 this last year, so I don’t see it going backward...

Great closing day yesterday, some real Adventure Skiing done on Twilight Zone, Slide of Hans, White Kitten & Magic Carpet and my favorite Broomstick to Black Line: technical steep ice strip start, patch hopping middle and a creamy corn happy ending.

Love skiing with the rowdy Magic crew, already looking forward to next year!
    he went so far off axis he was in fact on axis...the progression had become regression

Well, work is already well underway to remove the Black Chair and crews are already pulling out all the Snowbowl components for their upcoming fine-tooth-comb treatment.

Anybody here score one of the Black chair triples when they went up for sale? I got myself two (#7 & #77) for the fire pit in the yard!

Thread Information