The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 40

AlpineZone

Page 40 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

The NEW Magic Mountain

Awesome weekend. Black back just in time, great soft conditions, pretty much everything open. And just enough crowds to make us happy but not frustrated. I saw black run pretty much all day on Sunday without a hiccup. The chair just seemed smoother then past years.

Big props to management for making it all happen! Sure there are some kinks to work out. I'm sure DoWork and JamicaMan have a summer hit list a mile long. But in three months, yes they closed just three months ago, lift capacity increased 70+ percent and snowmaking increased at least 50%, with capacity to increase further. Plus lodge repairs, new bar, new rental fleet, new groomer, etc.

I was also impressed with the bar service. It might have been hard to tell, but they were probably serving 4.0x-5.0x the biggest days from last season. There was a slight increase in wait times but no nowhere near what they would have been without the satellite bar, new keg system, and burgers on the deck.

So fun to see it all in action last weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Last edited by Magicsnowboard; Feb 21, 2017 at 11:34 AM.

What's Magic going to be like tomorrow re: crowds? I'm desperate to get out and not sure where to go this week w weather and holidays. Still have a couple of Freedom Pass days left and Magic seems like the best bet.

Any thoughts? See that Black's not running, but if crowds are light shouldn't matter.

[QUOTE=jrmagic;971504]Word is that the black lift was certified and will be spinning tomorrow!!

Sent from my SM

was there Friday and when they fired it up it didn't sound so good. Glad to hear they got it running for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarbushskier View Post
    What's Magic going to be like tomorrow re: crowds? I'm desperate to get out and not sure where to go this week w weather and holidays. Still have a couple of Freedom Pass days left and Magic seems like the best bet.

Any thoughts? See that Black's not running, but if crowds are light shouldn't matter.
    you'll have the place practically to yourself

Quote Originally Posted by sugarbushskier View Post

Im not aware of a technical issue closing the black chair. Unless someone says otherwise, Im assuming its closed because its not needed given the amount of skiers. Monday was very light compared to Saturday and Sunday and that was a holiday. Im pretty sure you will ha e a great time there tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N920V using AlpineZone mobile app

Theyre not gona spin 2 chairs on a weekday at magic

Quote Originally Posted by mriceyman View Post
    Theyre not gona spin 2 chairs on a weekday at magic

unless there a a lot of skiers which this week there aren't

Thanks for the info. I'll be there from mid morning on. I know it's going to be warm and probably slushy at times, but the weather doesn't look good for awhile so I need to get out. Any other AZers there tomorrow?

Black runs when there is a need to run it. Weekdays it's not needed. Today was spring skiing at its best. It's February right?

Black is the lift running today. Haven't seen that in a while!
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Thread Information