• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

Do Work

Well, even just this morning's squall really spruced things up and snowmaking trails are full on hero fluff. Non snowmaking isn't quite there yet, but the snow is bonding pretty darn well and if we get the double digits out of this storm tonight, tomorrow is going to be CRAZY good. Anybody making the trek up for Super Monday?

NYDB

Imma be there with the boy doing my best to support the evil VT tourist economy. When r the lifts spinning? 9?

Hopefully 8-10 total

rocks860

Based on this forecast I may be taking a trip to magic this week nd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mriceyman

Black chair back before weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

NYDB

Today was good. Alot more got open than i thought. Heavy powder to mid mountain. Surfable crusty stuff down below. Game on after wednesday fer sure.
3ca3e3b64627a6e6db45691d9697f419.jpg
ec23f1cb81710e117afe46c0a1b8b2ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using AlpineZone mobile app

mriceyman

Wednesday could be a really nice storm.

gmcunni

along with probably half this forum

is that a lot of people these days?? ;-)

it is also a CT Ski Council Awareness day all weekend - Fri ($42) Sat ($45) + Sun($45) - so all the discount hunters from around New England will also be there.

NYDB

2/5 was awesome, there were about 150 people there. Seemed like less. Fresh lines until the end of the day. Too much sausage and bacon was consumed, good snow was enjoyed, terrain was opened for all to enjoy, sun broke out late morning.

Mark Super Monday off on the calendar for next year. Take the day from work and or school. Highly recommended. :beer:

mriceyman

Tix bought for Saturday.. wouldve been there thursday but aint easy with 3 kids under 4 lol

JamaicaMan

Black chair back before weekend?

Working like hell to make it happen. Emergency brake issue she had is solved and was inspected by State today--all good there. But a new issue developed during the inspection with the Auxiliary back-up motor so the team is pouncing on that one. We will adjust our day ticket limit from 1500 down to 1000 if it is not resolved by Saturday. But we are taking the approach that this is one last obstacle that needs to be overcome by Saturday morning...

mriceyman

Working like hell to make it happen. Emergency brake issue she had is solved and was inspected by State today--all good there. But a new issue developed during the inspection with the Auxiliary back-up motor so the team is pouncing on that one. We will adjust our day ticket limit from 1500 down to 1000 if it is not resolved by Saturday. But we are taking the approach that this is one last obstacle that needs to be overcome by Saturday morning...

Thanks for the response!!!! I gambled and bought a ticket but would obviously love both chairs. Hope you guys can pull it out for what should be a semi pow day Saturday.

tnt1234

Thinking about my third try at our first Magic Trip for President's Day weekend. I've booked rooms twice in the last two years only to be blown out by weather.

- Am I right in thinking Magic will be less crowded that nearby mountains?
- Will there be ticket limits in place? Should I pre-buy?
- I realize it's a week and a half out, but thoughts on the weather? Worried about that warm up middle of next week.

You guys getting there this weekend should really be in for a treat.