The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 164

AlpineZone

Page 164 of 214 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2137
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco DaSkia View Post
    Wow, way to act like a real asshole. As a long time customer of and fan of your ski area, I still find the actions of you and your employees deplorable in this part of this thread.

I have worked in this industry for 25 years now, and I have yet to see a positive outcome from shitting on your customers, or potential customers. What's the point? You never look good when you are sarcastically putting someone down. At best you look like an asshole, and at worst, you lost a potential paying customer who is also going to talk shit about you to everyone he knows. Remember, word of mouth advertising works both ways.

Engage the positive folks, and ignore anything you perceive as negative. Otherwise, you risk alienating folks that would otherwise be happy, paying customers.

And i own peaks.. message me with any questions you may have about our resorts.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by mriceyman View Post
    And i own peaks.. message me with any questions you may have about our resorts.

heard you have the good drugs. Willing to share?
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    heard you have the good drugs. Willing to share?
    Very good green leafs. Gota love the medical supply

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    I say if we ban charging regular price on powder days (instead of a discounted rate) we ought to ban $199 College Kid season passes and $29 Ladies Days first.
    Charging someone more because of their gender is illegal if I am not mistaken.

#2 Speaking as someone who's driving up I-91 in western mass.... Bromley / Stratton / Snow are *never* alternatives to Magic for me. Although they may offer better skiing on some occasions and I will take advantage of that.
    You are literally saying that Bromley, Stratton and Mt. Snow are alternatives to Magic for you.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    You are literally saying that Bromley, Stratton and Mt. Snow are alternatives to Magic for you.
    Not alternatives. But I do ski most places in Vermont, although probably not Stratton any time soon again.

Perhaps you missed my meaning but I mean on a powder day, or good snow conditions, when I want to ski some woods and double diamonds those other mountains are not an alternative. Taking a longer drive into northern Vermont would be the alternative.

Likewise in November when it's whoever has the most WROD available it's unlikely I would consider Magic an alternative to Mount Snow.

Geographic proximity being a secondary factor when I have to drive several hours anyway and ski Killington most frequently.
    Last edited by bdfreetuna; Sep 20, 2018 at 1:28 PM.

Not alternatives. But I do ski most places in Vermont, although probably not Stratton any time soon again.

Perhaps you missed my meaning but I mean on a powder day, or good snow conditions, when I want to ski some woods and double diamonds those other mountains are not an alternative. Taking a longer drive into northern Vermont would be the alternative.

Likewise in November when it's whoever has the most WROD available it's unlikely I would consider Magic an alternative to Mount Snow.

Geographic proximity being a secondary factor when I have to drive several hours anyway and ski Killington most frequently.
    From a business perspective, you just described those other mountains as being alternatives to Magic. You are saying that there are days during the ski season when you prefer nearby options over Magic - and that you give your business to those nearby options. Sounds like there are alternatives to Magic to me.

New tag line: “Magic. The alternative to the alternatives”

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    From a business perspective, you just described those other mountains as being alternatives to Magic. You are saying that there are days during the ski season when you prefer nearby options over Magic - and that you give your business to those nearby options. Sounds like there are alternatives to Magic to me.
    Fair enough. I think you get what I'm saying, and you're welcome to make your own comparisons between mountains as well.

Pico and Bolton are the two areas I think of as alternatives to Magic given the terrain and low key / lower price. Maybe Burke too but that requires twice as much driving so that's stretching it. MRG possibly as well but I don't think of MRG really as an alternative to anything, rather it's the inconveniently located place I'd like to ski most of the time.
    Last edited by bdfreetuna; Sep 20, 2018 at 2:10 PM.

I guess it depends on your definition of "alternative".

?

Thread Information