• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

slatham

Does 6-8" of wet snow at Magic by friday (seems like the best case scenario) open anything up? Or are the goods still thread bare?

Yes, especially given the dense nature of the "snow", which will be snow, sleet, freezing rain, then back to snow. Though given snowfall on Friday/Friday night odds are higher for ropes to drop Saturday. Personally I think they will be able to open everything except Pitch Black, Black Magic, Magician, Green Line, Red Line, Goniff. If we get an outperformer some of those could be open too, rock skis required. IMHO

Do Work

The problem is that the die hard followers are almost all drinking the kool aid and unable to accept Magic's faults.

Lol actually here in real life all the die hard followers have completely accepted them.

Nice to see you're still such a pleasurable person though, Hugh. Never change, buddy- and do let us know when we've finally earned the privilege of your patronage again, it would be a blast to meet you in real life.

To anyone who is not thrown into an existential meltdown over a lift that wouldn't even be necessary to run today, there was about 6" of dry but dense surfy fluff down when we opened this morning and ropes are dropping fast. Word on teh streetz is that the low angle trees are skiing really well. Should ski in really nicely even with a wintery mix working its way in at some point.

Ops also made a bunch more whales on Talisman last night, so enjoy 'em folks, hope to ski yous this weekend! :thumbup: :beer:

slatham

Lol actually here in real life all the die hard followers have completely accepted them.

Nice to see you're still such a pleasurable person though, Hugh. Never change, buddy- and do let us know when we've finally earned the privilege of your patronage again, it would be a blast to meet you in real life.

To anyone who is not thrown into an existential meltdown over a lift that wouldn't even be necessary to run today, there was about 6" of dry but dense surfy fluff down when we opened this morning and ropes are dropping fast. Word on teh streetz is that the low angle trees are skiing really well. Should ski in really nicely even with a wintery mix working its way in at some point.

Ops also made a bunch more whales on Talisman last night, so enjoy 'em folks, hope to ski yous this weekend! :thumbup: :beer:

Sweetness. Lets hope tomorrow's change back to snow delivers a nice shot of pow for the weekend and the cold this weekend allows you to move to middle Wiz.

Keep up the good work, Do Work.

MMP

Lol actually here in real life all the die hard followers have completely accepted them.....:thumbup: :beer:

We talk tons of shit, just to each other in private. No one is harder on magic (Behind their backs ) than the regulars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyGroomer

Nice pics dirtbag. Super fun weekend. Magic technical skiing @ it's finest.

Talisman was indeed incredible. Yesterday the bumps were perfect. Soft lines everywhere.

The Sneak

Thinking about taking my dad to Magic on Monday. He’s pushing 70, skis blue groomers. How are conditions on the East side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bheemsoth

East side conditions were very nice yesterday (02/13). Keep an eye on the impact of the traffic this weekend as well as the deep freeze though.

RustyGroomer

I think they should make you wear a dunce cap on your next ride up. Encourage people to throw snowballs @ the offenders.

JoeB-Z

They don't have no stinkin' bars at Loveland, even on a new lift built this decade. Some towers there are really high. An article calls them "comfort bars". Sounds like PR and lobbyists at work.

This is not the only case where bars would have saved injuries. https://apnews.com/5b66306fd4aa064fb2f427a9379b7fec

I cannot understand the no bar thing, yet I ski there when I need a quick hit near Denver.

No “they” don’t. But it’s a state law and, ya know, not falling out of a lift on a short stop is having a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone