The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 109

AlpineZone

Page 109 of 221 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2202
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Good lord, this is even worse than last week.

Last Saturday the worst it got was about equal to start of the Green lift.
    If you don't like lines, don't ski Saturday. Mid-week is when to ski, if you can swing it.

Quote Originally Posted by mriceyman View Post
    Hopefully over off season they can get the black up to snuff.. if they can get that loading as at least a consistent double chair then they will be in great shape for next year

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Agreed 100%

That's really all they need and still keep the slopes not crowded on the way down.

If you know on the weekends and holidays (when the mountain is 100% open) both chairs are spinning 8:30 am that's a huge difference for me (speaking as a 1st time seasons pass holder)

The lines were long all over VT on Saturday. If you think that going to Mt. Snow, Stratton, or Bromley would have gotten you better runs, value, etc. you are kidding yourself.

Magic also deserves props for keeping the chair running until 5pm during the Spring.

That being said, once Black and/or Green get running, it's going to be awesome for both the operations and the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyGrove View Post
    The lines were long all over VT on Saturday. If you think that going to Mt. Snow, Stratton, or Bromley would have gotten you better runs, value, etc. you are kidding yourself.

Magic also deserves props for keeping the chair running until 5pm during the Spring.

That being said, once Black and/or Green get running, it's going to be awesome for both the operations and the customer.
    Who said that?

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    can't blame the people for trying to ski. and good for magic making money. they have a billboard on i91, and have been getting such good press and social media talk... will be there in one week
    No of course no-one should be blamed here but Magic is developing the problem (a good one I suppose) of being too popular for capacity. I was there two weeks ago in the first heavy snowstorm and it was fantastic. Loved it. It was also empty. But I'm just not going to go skiing anywhere where I have to wait 30 minutes for a lift, a slow lift at that so I can't see going there on a weekend anytime soon. Hopefully the bumper March can fund restoration to full functionality of the second lift which would do a lot. I'd also recommend raising prices on Saturdays to better fund improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by moresnow View Post
    If you don't like lines, don't ski Saturday. Mid-week is when to ski, if you can swing it.
    Yeah, there's no line at all on Wednesdays.

Once Magic has 2 lifts running it won't be a problem even on the busiest days.

Once Green is in action it won't even be part of the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by moresnow View Post
    If you don't like lines, don't ski Saturday.
    Hmmmmm.... well, there's an idea, let me think about that.....no, no I'll still ski on Saturday thank you very much.

But I tend to strategically choose where to ski on Saturday to best minimize or alleviate crowding. Live and learn.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post

Love it RG! These pics needed a bump, still getting fresh tracks like that 4 days after a storm? And the day after one of the busier days of the year? That's Magic!
    he went so far off axis he was in fact on axis...the progression had become regression

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Hmmmmm.... well, there's an idea, let me think about that.....no, no I'll still ski on Saturday thank you very much.

But I tend to strategically choose where to ski on Saturday to best minimize or alleviate crowding. Live and learn.
    Yea. Not skiing Saturday is a great idea with the simple exception of that's when most of us are "forced" to ski due to work. I'd love to ski midweek and be able to skip the weekends, but with a regular job that just doesn't work out so well.

Thread Information