The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 213

AlpineZone

Page 213 of 214 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214 LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2137
  1. #2121
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Good question- we wondered the same. Did not investigate but it does look like a traverse may have been cut over from Witch or upper, closed section of Red Line? Do Work or Jamaica Man will have to chime in (or someone who has hiked into that area)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Access for equipment for trail clearing

  2. #2122
    First volunteer day this Saturday 9/14 (others are the 28th and 10/12). If you want to learn some of the mountains secrets, you have to help create (or clean) them! Good group of peeps plus beers, burgers, and inside scoop from JM & Do Work. And of course much anticipation for an awesome winter.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  3. #2123

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    North Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    First volunteer day this Saturday 9/14 (others are the 28th and 10/12). If you want to learn some of the mountains secrets, you have to help create (or clean) them! Good group of peeps plus beers, burgers, and inside scoop from JM & Do Work. And of course much anticipation for an awesome winter.
    I wish I could make it. I teach fall competitive marching band....please let me know if you do a Sunday.
    Ski it like you stole it!

  4. #2124
    Quote Originally Posted by MG Skier View Post
    I wish I could make it. I teach fall competitive marching band....please let me know if you do a Sunday.
    This one time, at band camp....


  5. #2125

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mecox, NY / Bondville, VT
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    Just call it black line. or upper black line if you want to up the trail count by 1.

    or

    Black Death
    Black Mamba
    Cauldron
    Eye of Newt
    Lizards Leg
    Black Coven
    Pitch Black
    Back in Black

    Snowbowl Alley

    Quadzilla
    So what do I win?

    Free 'lunch' at Jelley's?

    Sent from my SM-G973U using AlpineZone mobile app
    Last edited by NY DirtBag; Sep 13, 2019 at 7:13 AM.

  6. #2126
    Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    So what do I win?

    Free 'lunch' at Jelley's?

    Sent from my SM-G973U using AlpineZone mobile app
    They do serve a fine selection of “lunch”


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

  7. #2127
    Just to clue everyone in ... NY Dirtbag’s “Pitch Black” was chosen as the name of the new double black diamond trail

  8. #2128
    Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Just to clue everyone in ... NY Dirtbag’s “Pitch Black” was chosen as the name of the new double black diamond trail
    I'm guessing that other people suggested Pitch Black as well.

    If NYDB was truly the only one, well, then he should be suitably praised and given some sort of freebie.

  9. #2129
    Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    I'm guessing that other people suggested Pitch Black as well.

    If NYDB was truly the only one, well, then he should be suitably praised and given some sort of freebie.
    No there were multiple people who suggested Pitch Black (or Pitched Black). They then ran a survey for season pass holders (or was it the full mailing list?) and Pitch Black was voted the winner.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  10. #2130

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mecox, NY / Bondville, VT
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    No there were multiple people who suggested Pitch Black (or Pitched Black). They then ran a survey for season pass holders (or was it the full mailing list?) and Pitch Black was voted the winner.
    I don't see any references to Pitch Black trail name prior to my 7/1/19 post. Everyone else (the 18 people who read alpinezone) just copied off my brilliant idea.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 PM.