• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

Euler

Skied Magic today from about 9-2 with my daughter. Another fabulous day! I was so grateful to have a fun alternative to the crowds and scraped off boilerplate that awaited me at the big resorts. Talisman was absolutely great...lots of blown in snow, big bumps, a bit of scrape between the bumps and a few briar stalks and a rock here ant there to keep it real! Natural trails on the east side were also pretty fun...anywhere else and the amount of ice would have been disconcerting, but somehow at Magic, with the trails to oneself most of the time, plenty of room to turn, and the loose snow from last night not totally scraped off, an icy trail is just super fun...a chance to practice some technical skills, keep aware while looking for the right line to go through the little piles of loose snow where a turn can be made. Snowmaking trails on the east side had good coverage and much less ice. Considering the weather we've had the skiing was great!

The place was full today. There were lots of racers and their families and plenty of other there sampling the goods. Both lifts ran smoothly all day long and it was great to see a 3 minute line form at both lifts! Lodge was full, lots of people spending lots of money on food, beverage, and merchandise I hope.

One the red chair we saw a hilarious sticker...if the management keeps up the great work they've done over the past two years, maybe this won't be the joke for long....hope we'll be able to enjoy this magical place for a long time to come.
IMG_2123.jpg

drjeff

I was part of the racer families there today, and it was a fun day on the hill, with a bunch of powder turns!

And the BLT was a blast today with a cool band!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

makimono

Really fun day at Magic, thx for throwing the Beach Party! T-shirts and palm trees in February in VT :confused: The East Side snowmaking trails were all excellent at least until 2:30, soft and fast not sticky (surprisingly) even the patches of exposed base ice were soft and manageable (that's probably not a good thing huh?). The non-snowmaking trails...:sad:... they've gone to the big mud bog in the sky (or Lot A).

Magic’s dedication to service. JamicaMan (Magic’s President) oversees torchlight until the wee hours of the morning and is shoveling snow first thing the following morning.

IMG_7655.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Attachments

• IMG_7653.jpg
    IMG_7653.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Euler

Skiing was excellent on the snowmaking trails on the east side this morning. When I saw that the predicted wintry mix was probably going to be all snow till mid-day I got up early enough to get there at 8:30 and was one of the first up and down. a few inches of gritty, sugary fresh made for a really fun half a dozen runs before 11:00. The combinations of trails available makes it feel like 4 distinct and different ways down on the east side. Great way to start my day. Thanks to the Magic management, investors, and all the crew for the work you've done to make this lemonade for us! I'll be buying my pass at Magic again for next year for sure!

cdskier

Also shows another southern, not northern, VT accumulation storm

Supposedly us northern VTers will get some upslope action though after the storm passes to make up for it through Saturday... NWS Burlington says high peaks from K to Jay could do very well. Hope they're right!

rocks860

Saturday was excellent, nice to finally meet you geoff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeB-Z

Snow projection is going through the roof!

Geoff, hope ops gets that Black Lift dialed in cause you're gonna need it!

Joe

makimono

Was thinking about using the old "family emergency" thing but decided to just be honest about it
1334ac0a6ddbd7abdfd7294f224980a2.jpg

Euler

I'm another sacrifice for the cause :(

I'm heading to South Carolina today. Hard to believe I'll miss the biggest single day snow in SoVT I can ever remember. I'm just trying to tell myself I don't have the skills to ski powder that deep anyway. :snow:

rocks860

How’s it looking for tomorrow at magic? I already bought my ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk