• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

KustyTheKlown

My girlfriend’s best friend, along with best friends brother and sister in law, and two dogs, wanted to plan a VT trip. Bro and sis in law have epic passes, we have ikon passes, and at my suggestion magic has been decided as convenient and neutral ground (bahahaha I have a 4 pack ��). Anyway, inducting a bunch of beginners and intermediates to magic weekend of 3/21. They rented a house “a mile from magic” so I assume we’re on the access road. Fingers crossed for a snowy march.

rocks860

Anyone know how the mountain fared after the weekend and yesterday? Was hoping to get up there on Saturday. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MMP

Witch to Black was so sick this weekend. My update.

cant really remember it skiing that well on a non-pow day. It was peeling by 2pm. A different look with the new tower locations, but that's Black.

5a19EzSiSBOfpQFEoVuXuw.jpg

MMP

My girlfriend’s best friend, along with best friends brother and sister in law, and two dogs, wanted to plan a VT trip. Bro and sis in law have epic passes, we have ikon passes, and at my suggestion magic has been decided as convenient and neutral ground (bahahaha I have a 4 pack ��). Anyway, inducting a bunch of beginners and intermediates to magic weekend of 3/21. They rented a house “a mile from magic” so I assume we’re on the access road. Fingers crossed for a snowy march.

The access road isnt a mile long, but you could be on the circle, or around the corner. I am optimistic that we'll get some storms and an extended season, but by late March it isn't unheard of to need the Ikon or Epic if you ski Magic while it's open. Let's remain optimistic for now.

MMP

That skiers right side with the Supermoguls (TM) ruled.

Edit: (TM)

Ridiculously fun skiing.

Met a few people who were new visitors and loved the place.

Any truth to the rumor the AC/DC band was replaced with a Monkees tribute in memory of Peter Tork?

KustyTheKlown

The access road isnt a mile long, but you could be on the circle, or around the corner. I am optimistic that we'll get some storms and an extended season, but by late March it isn't unheard of to need the Ikon or Epic if you ski Magic while it's open. Let's remain optimistic for now.

yep, optimism for now, but i'm not touching my remaining stratton days in early-mid march. hope to see you guys that weekend.

road to ruin!?! mass-start downhill!?! i think i'm in, but won't register/pay til i'm sure we'll be there. magic is the absolute coolest. what other ski area would host such a dangerously awesome thing? none.

rocks860

Well just bought my ticket for Saturday. Anyone else going to be there?

rocks860

They updated the snow report at 430 saying 100% open tomorrow but who knows how the snow on the natural trails will be. I’ll be there regardless

NYDB

[emoji106] well if I'm not going to be chasing powder, a 100% open magic with the family will work just fine.
They updated the snow report at 430 saying 100% open tomorrow but who knows how the snow on the natural trails will be. I’ll be there regardless

rocks860

Skied from around 9 until now. Groomed stuff was decent, some of it pretty nice. As far as ungroomed really only skied twilight zone, sorcerer and slide of hans. Slide was pretty nice all things considered and twilight zone wasn’t too bad, just very firm but sorcerer was rough. I rode up with someone who said the Woods were skiing nice but I didn’t have the confidence in my abilities to find out. I went into white tiger briefly and was concerned I was going to catch a ski on the crunch stuff in there so I hopped out. Still a lot of fun

rocks860

Oh another guy said magician was skiing great but I value my life too much to try it out. I did watch him just hurl himself into it so I can verify he knew from experience

NYDB

Upper 700' or so vert naturals were good today. Lower half naturals were not so good but skiable. Groomers were good until late into the day in the usual spots.

ROTD was pitch black to black line. Witch had good snow also. Great coverage overall for Magic.

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

just got back... did a good 5 hrs and was burnt.. lots of bumps and jump turns on the chalky snow steeps and trees.

The woods are on the thin side (I don't think too many people were skiing woods today) but a grippy controllable surface. I give them credit for keeping some of them open as it was surely borderline in places.

But overall one of the most fun ski days I've had this year.

Goniff had lots of snow and great mogul formation. Grippy for the most part.

Magic-2.jpg

Magic-1.jpg

Next pics are White Tiger... first time I skied that, I was surprised how steep and tight it was. There were a couple spots I had to really think about my line (or next turn really). Kind of like Voodoo or bottom of Wardrobe. (Voodoo skied great I think I was one of the only ppl to ski it, Wardrobe I skipped thinking I'll be nice to my skis). Anyway, White Tiger is sweet I look forward to skiing it on a powder day.

Magic-3.jpg
Magic-4.jpg

Last pic Magician, skied very well

Magic-5.jpg

Could have took pics of other nice runs like Talisman first thing in the morning (groomed) or Voodoo which was prob the best tree run. Oh well!

No complaints only smiles

sull1102

Read the Alpine Update, officially moved the Black Quad to next season. I know it’s a special situation at Magic and they don’t NEED the new lift cause Red is just so damn good and reliable, but I would be absolutely pissed if I was a season pass holder. I don’t mean the pass holders with condos in the immediate area that are 150% Magic diehards. I’m thinking more about the first year pssholder that maybe came from another mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone