• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

rocks860

Snowmaking trails only after this extended warm-up. 60 again today with winds (bright side no r@&n???!) Snowmaking going hard from Thursday-Sunday while temps hold. At least a real good 48 hour window. We will do what we can and groom it nice by weekend. If you have skis or boards on, then you're having fun. (Plus Saturday's torch--how appropriate--light parade, fireworks and band from Baltimore will be a blast). F Mother Nature right now. Really.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

We will definitely be there for the festivities regardless of the conditions. Looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYDB

The camera is showing the uglyness on Black Line right now. Top of Mag looks bare. Tali Glacier still looks solid.

At least they had a solid presidents weekend with both lifts running

rocks860

Well definitely won't be skiing magic tomorrow as they're not open again until Saturday. Thought about bromley but I don't particularly want to spend 75 bucks when they only have 16 trails open

rocks860

Wait so one adult ticket is 74 but a 4 pack is 99? How does that make any sense

mriceyman

Magic is 51 on their website for Saturday

skimagic

Nothing makes sense nowadays it seems. The 4 pak is also good early season next year. Although Bromley can't match Magics terrain, they do have a bit more snow. I moguls were limited when I was there Monday.

rocks860

Looks like we'll just be skiing Saturday at magic and hanging out tomorrow. Maybe we'll go down to Manchester or something. Definitely gotta do some drinking at the black line though

drjeff

Looks like we'll just be skiing Saturday at magic and hanging out tomorrow. Maybe we'll go down to Manchester or something. Definitely gotta do some drinking at the black line though

If you need to stock the the beer supply where you're staying if you're driving around tomorrow, Meulman's Craft Draughts, at the junction of 100 and 30 about 15 minutes South of Magic has a GREAT selection of beers, both VT and beyond - and no they don't have Heady, but they do have a ton of comparable offerings for sure!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

rocks860

If you need to stock the the beer supply where you're staying if you're driving around tomorrow, Meulman's Craft Draughts, at the junction of 100 and 30 about 15 minutes South of Magic has a GREAT selection of beers, both VT and beyond - and no they don't have Heady, but they do have a ton of comparable offerings for sure!!

Is that down near Stratton? It sounds familiar, I'm sure I've driven by it

rocks860

I had some heady when we were up at sugarbush in January, man is it delicious

ShadyGrove

Greg and his wife have a great selection. Lots of Burlington Beer Co. and Lost Nation in stock right now.

edited: They have Second Fiddle in stock today!!!

Last edited:

prsboogie

Try the 14th Star tribute if you like Heady!

rocks860

Took the suggestion and stopped on the way up, that place is awesome. Came away with this
0c4a8f1a39f293403b4a51d12f42447e.jpg

drjeff

Greg and his wife have a great selection. Lots of Burlington Beer Co. and Lost Nation in stock right now.

edited: They have Second Fiddle in stock today!!!
Randomly found that at the Lyndonville Beverage Mart up by Burke today! Couldn't resist as I've never had it before and heard it's accolades!!

ee97c059ef99fa19a5cedf69b015a271.jpg

Reminds me a bunch of Sip of Sunshine and Heady! Very good!!

And since my kids race schedule has me at Bromley next weekend, and Magic the following weekend, it's an easy "detour" on my way back to Mount Snow to hit up Meulman's!!

slatham

Back to the thread (not that I don't love VT beers) but how about the display of MARCH snowmaking at Magic! Talk about a new sherif being in town. Hate that they have to do it, but impressed with the commitment. So the next time someone asks if Magic makes snow, tell them "Hell yes, even in March if they have too!"