• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

MMP

lol. we used to go to bars in college (washington dc) that had those internet jukeboxes, and we'd throw on the YEM from A Live One, which is like 35 mintues with an extended vocal jam. then we'd walk out of the bar and leave them to enjoy.

Fluffhead is my go to F You to the lodge.

This year I have heard Why Does it Hurt When I Pee on 2 occasions on that thing.

Wilsons post is a Set Your Soul Free youtube.

KustyTheKlown

lol. i love hearing zappa at magic. happens often. the soundtrack of the BLT is one of many reasons why magic is so great.

jimmywilson69

don't know why my set your soul free vid won't show...

my F You juke box songs are some of the more annoying Ween songs. I once downloaded and paid like 4 bucks to play the Poopship destroyer from painting the town brown. Holy shit there is no way they let that one play longer than 4 minutes Its like 30 mintues long

RustyGroomer

Boom. Stolen from FB

83043666_10156600070982038_6143270995403735040_o.jpg

KustyTheKlown

a little worried about the temps for this storm. dot gov still has it as all snow, but dot com has some mixing, and the most recent post from skiology is preaching caution. a heavy wet snow will be good for the base tho...

single chair weather blog is more positive.

scwb re: mrg - "Ultimately this will evolve and become a "vertically stacked" storm meaning that the upper low will move directly over the surface storm. These situations create a very elevation sensitive dynamic. Snowfall accumulations, snow consistency, perhaps for a small period - precipitation type and certainly temperature will all be dependent on elevation. We should receive a decent burst of snow Saturday evening and then a lot of elevation sensitive snow Sunday, Sunday night and into early Monday. If the outlook for the storm can settle on the current consensus, snowfall totals will likely be less than 6 inches total for the low lying valley areas but over a foot across the high country. The snow consistency will also be pretty gloppy in these low lying areas but drier and more powdery above 2000 feet."

i just hope i dont have to go to ::gasps:: stratton, for elevation.

bdfreetuna

does seem like an odd "miss" for VT between ADKs and Whites. I doubt it pans out that way.

Sat Sun at Bretton Woods 2700' forecast to be 25 degrees. Yeah that's north but it seems to be some wiggle room for Vermont's peaks.

tnt1234

Fluffhead is my go to F You to the lodge.

This year I have heard Why Does it Hurt When I Pee on 2 occasions on that thing.

Wilsons post is a Set Your Soul Free youtube.

....How is Fluffhead an F-you? I'd be totally stoked to walk into a bar and hear that one...

And I also wouldn't play YEM and leave though....

Weather seems a little dicey for this weekend...soem earlier run had Platty in the bullseye again, but weather.com talking about like a 3-5 kind of event....hard to figure....once again, Sunday is really my only shot, and can't stay over Sat. night.

Will Magic open Monday if they score big Sunday>Sunday night?

tnt1234

a little worried about the temps for this storm. dot gov still has it as all snow, but dot com has some mixing, and the most recent post from skiology is preaching caution. a heavy wet snow will be good for the base tho...

single chair weather blog is more positive.

scwb re: mrg - "Ultimately this will evolve and become a "vertically stacked" storm meaning that the upper low will move directly over the surface storm. These situations create a very elevation sensitive dynamic. Snowfall accumulations, snow consistency, perhaps for a small period - precipitation type and certainly temperature will all be dependent on elevation. We should receive a decent burst of snow Saturday evening and then a lot of elevation sensitive snow Sunday, Sunday night and into early Monday. If the outlook for the storm can settle on the current consensus, snowfall totals will likely be less than 6 inches total for the low lying valley areas but over a foot across the high country. The snow consistency will also be pretty gloppy in these low lying areas but drier and more powdery above 2000 feet."

i just hope i dont have to go to ::gasps:: stratton, for elevation.

Dude, don't you like day trip to Jay from Booklyn? If Magic misses, go to MRG....seems like an obvious choice....

KustyTheKlown

lol I don’t day trip to jay. Killington/gore is my day trip limit.

I’m going to sugarbush or mad on Saturday but had my heart set on magic Sunday.

I prefer skiing soVT on sundays so I get home at a decent time. I’m also planning to meet a friend who lives in Albany and he’s way more into a soVT Sunday plan. Finally, I have a hotel reserved in Manchester so I’m out the (meager) $70 if I don’t use it

MMP

....How is Fluffhead an F-you? I'd be totally stoked to walk into a bar and hear that one...

And I also wouldn't play YEM and leave though....

Weather seems a little dicey for this weekend...soem earlier run had Platty in the bullseye again, but weather.com talking about like a 3-5 kind of event....hard to figure....once again, Sunday is really my only shot, and can't stay over Sat. night.

Will Magic open Monday if they score big Sunday>Sunday night?

Because it’s weird in the middle and long as fuck and I love it.

AWWWWWW YAHHHHHHHHHHH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KustyTheKlown

playing YEM and leaving is just a fuck you mic drop to the bar. most people dont want to hear a 35 min yem with a vocal jam.

i dont even really dig phish anymore. i'm a huge hater of 3.0, and i hardly ever spin 1.0 and 2.0 anymore. its definitely what i grew up with and used to be very important to me, but i just stopped caring.

dead, biscuits, jrad, and non-jamband music for me mostly.

deadheadskier

Staff member
best improvisational jam rockers in the game yo
They've been playing well lately. Certainly reinvigorated. Hopefully Brownie's eye issue doesn't slow that momentum.

I've never gotten huge into them. I saw them a bunch in the late 90s late night after Phish shows. Only periodically since, but I get why people are passionate about them. Next time they play State Theatre in Portland again, I'll probably go.

I'm with you on 3.0 Phish. I see a show once every other year or so and it reminds me that stadium dad rock just isn't my thing.

For music, I'm mostly content in seeing shows at my local music club The Stone Church here in Newmarket. Zero hassles. Coolest little music club on the planet. Ween is the one somewhat larger band I'll make an exception for. Looking forward to going to Terminal 5 in a few weeks to see them. Haven't hung out in Manhattan in close to ten years.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

tnt1234

playing YEM and leaving is just a fuck you mic drop to the bar. most people dont want to hear a 35 min yem with a vocal jam.

i dont even really dig phish anymore. i'm a huge hater of 3.0, and i hardly ever spin 1.0 and 2.0 anymore. its definitely what i grew up with and used to be very important to me, but i just stopped caring.

dead, biscuits, jrad, and non-jamband music for me mostly.

I got ya...

It's funny, I'm kind of the opposite - always liked Phish well enough, but for the last 3 years, been really into them. Except for the new songs that suck, like that fake band album...yuch,,,

But me and my daughters hit Camden every summer, and I have to say, I feel like they are clicking. Maybe it's because I'm old like them...dunno.

But I also enjoy seeing Dead and Co. Part of that is nostalgia for the scene. But I dig Mayer's sound with them.

jimmywilson69

I had no idea DHS was a fellow Ween fan!

I like 3.0 2.0 and 1.0. I think some of their jamming in the last 3 years has been excellent. yes a lot of the newer songs blow, but some are good.

I see a few shows per year but don't get all excited to travel to see them at this point in my life

Ok back to Magic

I need to get there