• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

makimono

I was going to suggest a warmup on the lodge lawn, and if he survives we can go to kinderspiel haha
In my mind I'm already doing hop turns down redline....your plan is probably more better

1eaec9472998891843aef41a9b0f24c6.jpg

jaytrem

DW or JM is there any mowed slope that would be out of the way of the disc golf program where a guy could try out his grass skis on?

So is the non-mowed stuff like a powder day? Bet it is, but nobody was ever stupid enough to find out.

RustyGroomer

So is the non-mowed stuff like a powder day? Bet it is, but nobody was ever stupid enough to find out.

He's plenty stupid enough.

Thinking if anyone could rip on these things, it' Maki. Or I see a gigantic ski explosion & we'll be finding parts all winter. Upset I can't be there.

mriceyman

Wow, way to act like a real asshole. As a long time customer of and fan of your ski area, I still find the actions of you and your employees deplorable in this part of this thread.

I have worked in this industry for 25 years now, and I have yet to see a positive outcome from shitting on your customers, or potential customers. What's the point? You never look good when you are sarcastically putting someone down. At best you look like an asshole, and at worst, you lost a potential paying customer who is also going to talk shit about you to everyone he knows. Remember, word of mouth advertising works both ways.

Engage the positive folks, and ignore anything you perceive as negative. Otherwise, you risk alienating folks that would otherwise be happy, paying customers.

:cool:

And i own peaks.. message me with any questions you may have about our resorts.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

VTKilarney

I say if we ban charging regular price on powder days (instead of a discounted rate) we ought to ban $199 College Kid season passes and $29 Ladies Days first.
Charging someone more because of their gender is illegal if I am not mistaken.

VTKilarney

#2 Speaking as someone who's driving up I-91 in western mass.... Bromley / Stratton / Snow are *never* alternatives to Magic for me. Although they may offer better skiing on some occasions and I will take advantage of that.
You are literally saying that Bromley, Stratton and Mt. Snow are alternatives to Magic for you.

bdfreetuna

You are literally saying that Bromley, Stratton and Mt. Snow are alternatives to Magic for you.

Not alternatives. But I do ski most places in Vermont, although probably not Stratton any time soon again.

Perhaps you missed my meaning but I mean on a powder day, or good snow conditions, when I want to ski some woods and double diamonds those other mountains are not an alternative. Taking a longer drive into northern Vermont would be the alternative.

Likewise in November when it's whoever has the most WROD available it's unlikely I would consider Magic an alternative to Mount Snow.

Geographic proximity being a secondary factor when I have to drive several hours anyway and ski Killington most frequently.

Last edited:

VTKilarney

Not alternatives. But I do ski most places in Vermont, although probably not Stratton any time soon again.

Perhaps you missed my meaning but I mean on a powder day, or good snow conditions, when I want to ski some woods and double diamonds those other mountains are not an alternative. Taking a longer drive into northern Vermont would be the alternative.

Likewise in November when it's whoever has the most WROD available it's unlikely I would consider Magic an alternative to Mount Snow.

Geographic proximity being a secondary factor when I have to drive several hours anyway and ski Killington most frequently.
From a business perspective, you just described those other mountains as being alternatives to Magic. You are saying that there are days during the ski season when you prefer nearby options over Magic - and that you give your business to those nearby options. Sounds like there are alternatives to Magic to me.

JamaicaMan

New tag line: “Magic. The alternative to the alternatives”

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bdfreetuna

From a business perspective, you just described those other mountains as being alternatives to Magic. You are saying that there are days during the ski season when you prefer nearby options over Magic - and that you give your business to those nearby options. Sounds like there are alternatives to Magic to me.

Fair enough. I think you get what I'm saying, and you're welcome to make your own comparisons between mountains as well.

Pico and Bolton are the two areas I think of as alternatives to Magic given the terrain and low key / lower price. Maybe Burke too but that requires twice as much driving so that's stretching it. MRG possibly as well but I don't think of MRG really as an alternative to anything, rather it's the inconveniently located place I'd like to ski most of the time.

Last edited: