• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ragged Mtn 2016-17 Season Thread

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
SO, my feeling is if you get there before the hangovers of the "power brokers" there wear off, you're better off :) :) :)

no offense if you work there - just my take - there are some control freaks there

I don't work there but I would not be offended anyway. I worked with enough emperors of their own domain to know. (Sienfeld ref intended)

Just curious what they might have said to your mom. They obviously didn't stick around long enough for you to get down or call the local law enforcement. (which btw I think was the former "ragged employee" here)

Given the mgmt's general level of apathy and non visibility this past ski season I question whether they would even notice/or are on site the next couple mos.

The snow should last a while up there, they blew deep...I bet Yankee lasts the longest.

I dunno about that. Ryan Shramm was quite visible every time I visited. As a matter of fact I watched him run a snowblower to help clear the patio after one of the later storms.

xwhaler

I don't work there but I would not be offended anyway. I worked with enough emperors of their own domain to know. (Sienfeld ref intended)

Just curious what they might have said to your mom. They obviously didn't stick around long enough for you to get down or call the local law enforcement. (which btw I think was the former "ragged employee" here)

I dunno about that. Ryan Shramm was quite visible every time I visited. As a matter of fact I watched him run a snowblower to help clear the patio after one of the later storms.
Fair enough and I'm not here to rag on anyone in particular. I can tell you in my 19 days there this season I saw the GM a handful of times (and mostly only out skiing with the race team) and other members of mgmt very infrequently.

Nearly never with any sort of clothing or badge ID'ing who they were. I guess I'm just of the opinion that if mtns want to grow those running the show need to be visible and accountable so they can see some of the choke points/areas for improvement.

Jully

Fair enough and I'm not here to rag on anyone in particular. I can tell you in my 19 days there this season I saw the GM a handful of times (and mostly only out skiing with the race team) and other members of mgmt very infrequently.

Nearly never with any sort of clothing or badge ID'ing who they were. I guess I'm just of the opinion that if mtns want to grow those running the show need to be visible and accountable so they can see some of the choke points/areas for improvement.

I didn't see much of a presence either. They could have been there, but I'd have preferred some sort of clothing or badges. I really like a management presence on the hill. One of the things I really like about Crotched is the presence of management out and about, for example.

xwhaler

I didn't see much of a presence either. They could have been there, but I'd have preferred some sort of clothing or badges. I really like a management presence on the hill. One of the things I really like about Crotched is the presence of management out and about, for example.

Well said and totally agree on how CM runs things. Mgmt there is in logo gear indicating management.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Well said and totally agree on how CM runs things. Mgmt there is in logo gear indicating management.

How about uniforms that look like this?

Dg1.jpg