• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best and Worst Parking at Ski Resorts

snoseek

I burn more calories walking back to the car than I do skiing at sugarloaf. Backpack beers always in order

WoodCore

Sun Bowl parking at Stratton is very convenient. Almost ski in/out if get there early enough.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

soposkier

I burn more calories walking back to the car than I do skiing at sugarloaf. Backpack beers always in order

I find sugarloaf's parking lot shuttle to be fine, just sucks its a pain to go back for beers, but stash a small cooler pack in the lodge and keep a few in the jacket.

Smellytele

I find sugarloaf's parking lot shuttle to be fine, just sucks its a pain to go back for beers, but stash a small cooler pack in the lodge and keep a few in the jacket.

I only had to use the parking lots once there in the past 20 years and ended up walking because the shuttle never seem to come by until I was with 100 yrds of the drop off. Usually I end up taking one of the "condo" lifts sawduster or snubber

BenedictGomez

Add me to the list of people bewildered as to how some are calling Sugarbush "the worst" - I mean, it's certainly not the best by any means, but it's a level walk of not an extreme distance. If anything, it's the staircases once you arrive at Sugarbush that are worse than the parking lot/walk.

steamboat1

Add me to the list of people bewildered as to how some are calling Sugarbush "the worst" - I mean, it's certainly not the best by any means, but it's a level walk of not an extreme distance. If anything, it's the staircases once you arrive at Sugarbush that are worse than the parking lot/walk.
At Lincoln it's a slight uphill from either the back lot or the first row, then the stairs. I find the easiest way is around the backside of the hotel, still a slight uphill but no stairs. Can't use the backside if you need to stop for a lift ticket first though or at least you'd have to go down again to get one.

Unless you get in the first lot the uphill at Mt. Ellen is considerably steeper.

In any event neither area is a level walk.

benski

At Lincoln it's a slight uphill from either the back lot or the first row, then the stairs. I find the easiest way is around the backside of the hotel, still a slight uphill but no stairs. Can't use the backside if you need to stop for a lift ticket first though or at least you'd have to go down again to get one.

Unless you get in the first lot the uphill at Mt. Ellen is considerably steeper.

In any event neither area is a level walk.

You can also go strait go strait to the village double if you don't mind starting your day on the beginner hill. If you time it right you can park right in front of it.

steamboat1

You can also go strait go strait to the village double if you don't mind starting your day on the beginner hill. If you time it right you can park right in front of it.
That means booting up in the car which I rarely do except on spring days. I would still need to get a ticket too.

canobie#1

I remember Cannon and Mount Sunapee having a pretty horrible set up. Bolton Valley's kinda sucked too. Other than that, most places seem pretty convenient for me.

Smellytele

I remember Cannon and Mount Sunapee having a pretty horrible set up. Bolton Valley's kinda sucked too. Other than that, most places seem pretty convenient for me.

Strange how Cannon can be the worst and the best (I vote one of the best) Same with Sunapee just arrive before 10 and you are usually fine.

yeggous

I don't dump on too many mountain's parking, but...

Bromley is brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

4aprice

I don't dump on too many mountain's parking, but...

Bromley is brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Bromley's like Elk in Pennsylvania with the cattle car in which you freeze your ass off. A least get a heated bus. I don't mind remote parking if the transportation system to the base area is decent.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Bromley's like Elk in Pennsylvania with the cattle car in which you freeze your ass off. A least get a heated bus. I don't mind remote parking if the transportation system to the base area is decent.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

if you can get in the upper lot, and near the snow, at Elk it's pretty nice though

4aprice

if you can get in the upper lot, and near the snow, at Elk it's pretty nice though

Actually Elk "could" have great parking in the lots down by the west side chair but only if you have a ticket. I cannot understand why they don't put up a little booth (or automated ticket selling machine) down there to access the mountain. Its a fun little mountain but with things like their ticket structure, parking, and overall location I doubt I will ever ski there again.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

Actually Elk "could" have great parking in the lots down by the west side chair but only if you have a ticket. I cannot understand why they don't put up a little booth (or automated ticket selling machine) down there to access the mountain. Its a fun little mountain but with things like their ticket structure, parking, and overall location I doubt I will ever ski there again.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

They should let people take the lift up that one time unless they thought they would get gamed.

RISkier

I'd say Stowe is a real mixed bag. If you boot up in the Gondi lot it's very convenient. We usually boot up at Midway and then take theGondi. If Cliff Trail isn't open it's kind of a slog to get to the fourrunner. If you want to start on the Fourrunner I don't think any parking is convenient. And now that you can't park at Spruce I would think it would be very inconvenient for families with young children who want to boot up and ski on the Spruce side.