• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crazy signs at ski areas

dlague

Well the we have read and seen the sign warning about the chair may go in reverse in a recent thread. What other signs have you seen or know about?

die_small.jpg

Hawkshot99

Well the we have read and seen the sign warning about the chair may go in reverse in a recent thread. What other signs have you seen or know about?

View attachment 20701

Canyons?

I do think have a pic of it, and no idea if it still exists, but growing up when I would go to Whiteface while riding a chair up to the top of Little Whiteface there was a sign that read "Experts get off here, beginners go to the top". That always made me laugh.

BenedictGomez

attachment.php

Good lord, everything short of Chupacabra attack is mentioned here.

4aprice

Not really a skiing sign (and unfortunately I have no picture) but in the base gondola station at Loon Mountain they have this riddle that is kind of written in code. Can't totally remember it, (Starts "When the B mt") but its fun to try and figure it out and it does make sense when translated.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

cdskier

I found this creative at Belleayre on closing day back in 2005.
P4170028.jpg

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Not really a skiing sign (and unfortunately I have no picture) but in the base gondola station at Loon Mountain they have this riddle that is kind of written in code. Can't totally remember it, (Starts "When the B mt") but its fun to try and figure it out and it does make sense when translated.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

If the grate B (Capital) empty put coal (colon) on ,if the Grate B full "Stop" (period) you'd be an ass (asterisk) to risk it.

xlr8r

This one at the fireplace next to the gondola at Loon
IMG_6961.jpg